It offered me a choice between 'English' and 'British English' for the dictionary settings.

Just my opinion, but when a language is called after the country it derives from, that should be the standard.

And any bastardisation of it should get its own name, not the other way.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Uh-oh! Sounds like someone's got a case of the NOBODY CARES!
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by Blackvelvet
TS i agree with you.
This is however the pit.
Your intelligence and logic has no place here.

Unfortunately this is true, and I wholeheartedly agree with you. Nice use of the word bastardisation btw.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Technically because we went over to America and set up place in small communities the American language is closer to the original English language than today's English English is.

I still agree.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by DigUpHerBones
Technically because we went over to America and set up place in small communities the American language is closer to the original English language than today's English English is.

I still agree.

Actually smart one it was the British that colonized a good chunk of the world.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by axeslash
Actually smart one it was the British that colonized a good chunk of the world.

I know? As far as I can tell that's pretty much what I was saying.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by DigUpHerBones
I know? As far as I can tell that's pretty much what I was saying.

Ugh, sorry. 24 hours without sleep has caused my brain to stop working.
I assume that whatever program you're using was written by an american company. Therefore they're going to call what they speak just english and add on a descriptive name to any other variants.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Fleabag
It offered me a choice between 'English' and 'British English' for the dictionary settings.

Just my opinion, but when a language is called after the country it derives from, that should be the standard.

And any bastardisation of it should get its own name, not the other way.

I've noticed this, its ridddiculous.
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
Apparently, if you look up "Americanisations" of English words eg "realize" in the dictionary, they are the official English versions. Somehow, we swapped languag versions, so what we think is "proper English" is actually the American.

Kinda ironic for all this people who kick off for seeing "american words" which are, in fact, English words