Heya mates.
I need your advice on new pups in my Ibanez RG2620. (Body is made of basswood).
I've been thinking about DiMarzio PAF Pros and DiMarzio Evolutions.
I want a clear cleanic sound in the neck and crunchy, riffing punch in the bridge.
Could a combination of Evos in neck and PAFs in the bridge work?
Hmm. I'd say invest in a new amp myself... otherwise, that combo should be fine, but you won't hear much of a diffference through a modelling amp.
This amp is regarded to be one of the best practice amps and has got very good reviews.
What's bad about it?
Do you want me to buy 100W Marchall without any effects and plug multieffect into it?
Last edited by Shadowy at Apr 20, 2008,
The problem is that it's a modelling amp, and as such won't reflect the differences in pickups as well as a tube amp of any quality would.

It's a good one, but the difference won't be as noticeable as you might have liked.
Quote by Shadowy
This amp is regarded to be one of the best practice amps and has got very good reviews.
What's bad about it?
Do you want me to buy 100W Marchall without any effects and plug multieffect into it?

It is a very good practice amp, however it's not going to be that bothered about the pickups you use. It relies on it's circuitry to shape the tone, the finer points of the original signal just get swamped.

honestly, save your money.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I actuallly noticed that in my previous Fender stratocaster with reallly mediocre pups it I could reproduce literally every sound I wanted.
Just using effects and delays, reverbs and others allows me to generate really very good sound comparising to no-name pups built in into Fender.
Anyway I want better, more original sound.

So how about this amp?
What can you recommend up to $700?
Orange do some good amps for that kinda thing, well, you CAN use them for that kinda thing, and alot of other stuff, but they can be quite expensive, i dunno how much they are in the USA
lol@u