Couldn't find a good thread about them, so this will be the official one

Anyone here a fan of The Easybeats? I recently discovered them and I must say that I almost prefer them over The Beatles. You could say that The Easybeats are Australia's own version of The Beatles. They've also got George Young, Angus and Malcolm from AC/DC's older brother, on guitar.

Their most known song is probably "Friday on my mind", covered by lots of artists, such as Gary Moore. My favourite song is "Good Times", though.

So, chat away about The Easybeats and discuss which songs you like and dislike, like we usually do in band-threads

Friday on my mind: http://youtube.com/watch?v=7zB0RygrYy8
Good Times: http://youtube.com/watch?v=cNiY0siZY3Y&feature=related
Gibson SG Faded (Gibson Angus Young Signature humbucker)
Epiphone Valve Junior Combo V3

Marshall Bluesbreaker BB2 pedal
I've only just heard them now, good times is well catchy!
Quote by pfa
I've only just heard them now, good times is well catchy!

Couldn't agree more! I really have to hold myself back from singing along when they all scream "Gonna have a good time tonight, rock and roll music gonna play all night!"

The guitar solo is really nice for being so simple as well, that ought to show all shredders that a solo doesn't need to be five minutes long and have an average speed of 160bmp, not that there's anything wrong with that kind of solos

Quote by Kiwilagoon
Couldn't agree more! I really have to hold myself back from singing along when they all scream "Gonna have a good time tonight, rock and roll music gonna play all night!"

The guitar solo is really nice for being so simple as well, that ought to show all shredders that a solo doesn't need to be five minutes long and have an average speed of 160bmp, not that there's anything wrong with that kind of solos

spot on
I casualy know Snowy the drummer, he's a builder these days and a really cool guy. and hes short too
I'm gonna live forever and if I don't suceed i'll die trying.
Originally posted by Liberation
Damn. You win Master Shake. I am not worthy!
Lol... Every monday i think "Friday on my mind" and then i have that stuck in my head most of the week... luckily it's a good song
I only own one of their compilation albums (I'm sure that finding one of their studio albums would be a challenge), and I really enjoy listening to them.

I've begun to listen to bands such as Buffalo Springfield, The Byrds, Crosby, Stills, and Nash, and similar bands a lot more than usual over the past few months, and they are one of those bands that has a similar sound, though perhaps leaning slightly more towards The Beatles.
Great to find that there is a thread on the Easybeats, Australia's first big rock and roll band.

The influence the Easybeats had is incalculatable and their four short years as a band were full on touring Australia, UK, Europe, USA, UK then Australia for one last time.

Their string of hit singles in Australia, and later around the world started with a song called "She's So Fine". The Easybeats were mobbed by screaming girls everywhere they went, Beatlemania on a smaller but by no means less frenetic scale.

George Young and Harry Vanda wrote the hit songs and continued throughout the 70's and 80's writing and producing to become known as two of the very best in their field.

Stevie was an enigmatic, charasmatic, full of energy cheeky teenager who was unmatched as a front man in those days in Australia. He impressed Paul McCartney and Mick Jagger with his performances.

My favourite songs are "Sorry"and "Friday on My Mind" .

As the 60's drew to a close the band broke up but Stevie went on to have huge Aussie hits with Blackeyed Bruiser and perhaps the greatest Aussie rock song of the 70's, Evie Parts 1,2&3.

There has been a recently released tribute album called "Easyfever" that I recommend you all pick up with performances by many great Aussie artists of today on one disc, and the Easybeat originals on the other disc.
The Easybeats are just another poor man's Beatles to me.

I first heard of them when I was listening to Come In, You'll Get Pneumonia by Paul Revere and the Raiders and found out that it was actually a cover of The Easybeats version. I then thumbed through some of their songs and was really only mildly satisfied. I think they're OK, but they're just not that far up there on my list.
Quote by wahappen

This is a guitar community not Romper Room.
I first read about them in biography of AC/DC. Then I listened to some of their songs and I think they're really good, especially their songs ''Remember Sam'', ''Friday On My Mind'' and ''Happy Is The Man''.
Nice to see that so many people like the Easybeats, even though they're quite unknown. I guess most people have heard of them through AC/DC, which I did as well, but I still find them a solid and good band on their own

My favourite is pretty much still Good Times

Quote by Kiwilagoon
Couldn't find a good thread about them, so this will be the official one

Anyone here a fan of The Easybeats? I recently discovered them and I must say that I almost prefer them over The Beatles. You could say that The Easybeats are Australia's own version of The Beatles. They've also got George Young, Angus and Malcolm from AC/DC's older brother, on guitar.

Their most known song is probably "Friday on my mind", covered by lots of artists, such as Gary Moore. My favourite song is "Good Times", though.

So, chat away about The Easybeats and discuss which songs you like and dislike, like we usually do in band-threads

Friday on my mind: http://youtube.com/watch?v=7zB0RygrYy8
Good Times: http://youtube.com/watch?v=cNiY0siZY3Y&feature=related

I knew that name from somewhere but couldn't remember where exactly I'd heard it thanks
Quote by Kiwilagoon

I hate to sound rude but I think it was David Gilmour who proved that
Last edited by cornmancer at Jun 11, 2009,