Well, my uncle chopped of the top of his finger while mowing his lawn, and now he cant play guitar anymore, so I saw once on this site someone posting about something similar and people gave him some link to a website which had exactly what my uncle needs. So if anyone knows where I can find some finger covers or something, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
tony iommi made his out of melted bottle caps/tops or some similar material iirc, now i think he uses some kind of leather finger covers, im not sure where to get them though.
^^^ I thought Tony used leather caps?
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
Quote by B-U-R-P
Well, my uncle chopped of the top of his finger while mowing his lawn, and now he cant play guitar anymore, so I saw once on this site someone posting about something similar and people gave him some link to a website which had exactly what my uncle needs. So if anyone knows where I can find some finger covers or something, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I can't see how loosing the top of one finger means you can't play guitar any more, it may restrict what you can do a bit but not stop you playing.
I wish I had tallent and ability.

Squier Vintage Modified Strat, Black with laquered 70s neck
Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
Quote by Benguitar2
^^^ I thought Tony used leather caps?

Nowadays, he uses some kind of leather cover on his fingers, back in the earlier days however he melted bottle tops (like i mentioned above), so yes you are right.
My band (Vocals/Lead Guitar)
www.myspace.com/kilmoreband

Guitars:
(Main) Gibson LP Studio (Duncan JazzB/Jazzn)
(B) Fender Strat (Lace Sensor Red/Silver/Blue)
(BU) BC Rich NJ Exotic Classic Rich Bich (Mustaine LW)
Amps: Line 6 HD 147
yeah ur uncle can do what tony iommi did

except he might wanna use only light gauge strings detuned for easy bending. but iommi managed 2 play in standard in the first 2 sabbath albums (paranoid and black sabbath)

badass.
the last time i saw his fingers he had silicone or plasticly rubbery prosthetics on the tips. This was in videos in 2005 and 2006. Metal: a headbangers journey, and Rock School with Gene Simmions Iommi had a guest apperance and had the same tips.