Quick quesion......Can I use lemon oil on an ebony fretboard??

Thanks people!
Fast Fret FTW!! It outlasts the cloth that comes with it haha
Bought
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81+ 85
Boss MT-2
Weeping Demon Wah
To buy list
Dtech Whammy
Hughes & Kettner Trilogy
Quote by southern riff
no U can't use lemon oli on a ebony fret board as it would just ruin your fret board.

Huh? I use lemon oil (from Dunlop) on my ebony fretboard KV2 every 5-6 months and haven't had a problem with it.
This one:

Lemon oil is just fine for ebony, but bad for maple.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Last edited by Ventor at Apr 20, 2008,
Quote by Ventor
Huh? I use lemon oil (from Dunlop) on my ebony fretboard KV2 every 5-6 months and haven't had a problem with it.
This one:

Lemon oil is just fine for ebony, but bad for maple.

Hey man what about mahogany?
^^(to ventor) that's what i thought, i almost had a heart attack there.

o_O
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Deagle-Eyes

Should work too, lemon oil that is.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
I've always used this stuff.

During every string change. Like the other stuff though, not to be used on finished fretboards (maple generally).
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Deagle-Eyes

there are guitars with mahogany fretboards? o_O
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
maple - NO!!!!

rosewood - yes

if the ebony is unfinished - then it should be fine
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Quote by hminh87
What should I use for maple neck then? Would the Gibson care kit work?

you can use ordinary guitar polish on maple.

how do I know if my Ebony fretboard is unfinnished or not
Quote by godofshred
yeah, my wangcaster might want a good l00bin dave

you're on your own there nick. o_O
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by gurg06
you can use ordinary guitar polish on maple.

how do I know if my Ebony fretboard is unfinnished or not

is it shiny i.e. got a finish like a guitar body?

(i think, anyway)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
is it shiny i.e. got a finish like a guitar body?

(i think, anyway)

no...so I take it it is unfinnished then??

so is it or is it not safe to use lemon oil??? some very different opinions here
i've used it on my ebony-board guitars.

of course, all the guys saying not to use it have me doubting it now too, lol.

hang on. i'll try to get some help from the other regulars.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A quick google reveals....

Jim Dunlop 6551J Lemon Oil
Lemon oil fingerboard conditioner. For use with rosewood or ebony fingerboards. Rejuvenates dry wood. Feels great to play
Quote by Dave_Mc
^^(to ventor) that's what i thought, i almost had a heart attack there.

o_O

*gak!* croaks.

oil unfinished boards like said. lemon oil, synthetic linseed...

if it's slippery, Finished feel, like most maples, then the oil would smear all over it and posibly leave stains.
in the case of finished necks you can just polish them, like you do ur guitar's body.

no need to oil more than a couple times a year.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
thanks for checking in here, jenny and ippon
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?