Ok i really want a new stratocaster but i don't know wich one to get. I know i want a standard, but i don't know which would be best the Mexican or the American. I really like the American, but i don't feel like paying over 1000$ for one. I have heard that the Mexicans are really nice, but i hear some of them can be a little crappy. So i need your take on it. Is the American worth spending that kind of money or would a good mexican for like 400-500$ be the best deal??

I really need your help. Thanks!
just get the mexican (make sure to try it out before hand to get a good one), and upgrade the pickups.
Aren't you in the market for an amp too?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
it's the same guitar, it's just where it was put together. i agree with first post, try it out, because since it's made in mexico, it could have some imperfections. best of luck
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
Quote by darkarbiter7
just get the mexican (make sure to try it out before hand to get a good one), and upgrade the pickups.
Aren't you in the market for an amp too?

Ya i am in the market for an amp lol.
I've got a mexican strat which I love.. The thing plays great. My only gripe is that I get some noise in the background when only using single pickups. I think its time for an upgrade, but the $350 I paid is great compared to the 750 of americans. You can get a mexican and replace the pick-ups for cheaper than an american.