okay guys, i've thrown the new guitar idea to the side for now seeing as i already have one really good guitar.

I want to set myself up to record, so im guessing i need a mic, (i dont want to go for the direct in approach) a mic stand, mixing desk, leads. is there anything else i need? like software, i have audacity, will that be okay?

also if you can recommend me a good mixing desk i'd be forever in your debt.
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
oh cool, any recomendations on a good mixing desk to purchase? i can probably go up to about £120 maybe a bit more for the desk im not looking for anything fancy just with some mic inputs and a direct in may come in handy at times.
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
Quote by dudeman_andy
okay guys, i've thrown the new guitar idea to the side for now seeing as i already have one really good guitar.

I want to set myself up to record, so im guessing i need a mic, (i dont want to go for the direct in approach) a mic stand, mixing desk, leads. is there anything else i need? like software, i have audacity, will that be okay?

also if you can recommend me a good mixing desk i'd be forever in your debt.

You don't necessarily need a mixing desk. An interface is probably what you want to have, and it'll probably deliver much better sound quality than what has been suggested. Again, what exactly are you going to record? If you are just doing guitar and singing, it's unlikely you'll need more than two or three microphones at once.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101