Topic.
I would love to go out and buy myself a Schecter C1 Classic, but when should someone get a new guitar? When their old one breaks? Hwne their bored of their current one? Is there really any point of getting a new guitar if you just like to play stuff and not go out and perform in the near future?
1. Old One Breaks (beyond repair)
2. When you want to play a different style of music
3. When you have money.
whenever you damn well feel like it.

getting new gear is always fun even if you don't need it. If you have the money, go for it.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
Quote by xScarfx
1. Old One Breaks (beyond repair)
2. When you want to play a different style of music
3. When you have money.

1 yes if old one breaks
2 the same
3 you could always upgrade amp instead

also go try some guitars and you can see a worthy diference with your actual guitar go for it
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
whenever you want, for whatever reason you want.
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Whenever you want
Whenever you like
Whenever you say
You pay the money and take your choice
Whenever you need
Whenever you use
Whenever you win
Whenever you lose

-Status Quo

Basically, if you feel that you need one, get it. If you're not sure, don't. Same with pretty much any other posession.
To enjoy a different style of guitar, different sound, shape, looks..
All depends on what you want to hear when you strum your guitar..
Blues, Heavy Metal, Jazz, Funk.. ect..
whenever you want.

if i had the money, i would get a new 1 at least every month
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
For a different style or if your old one breaks are definitely the two biggest reasons, but also if you find that your current guitar just sounds plain bad and other guitars that you try out sound good. (basically, when you're fairly experienced).

Someone who's been playing a crappy starter for a few months and can't tell the difference between it and a high end guitar shouldn't buy a new guitar, simply because they can't appreciate it.
Quote by J_J

stupid ppl (they're like slinkies, not good for much, but they make you smile when pushed down the stairs)

Quote by Meths

Holy non-gender specific pronoun Batman!

Quote by freakypop

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred