My internet is apparently 4MB.

When it was Telewest, I got 4MB. Download speeds around 400k/s, websites loaded in a flash. No problems. Ever.

Since it became Virgin Media, its been quite poor. Rarely have I had 400kb/s download speeds and they have generally been pretty crap.

But today is just ridiculous. Websites were taking an age to load and I was getting download speeds of around 10-20kb/s.
I did a virus scan to make sure my comp hadn't got an STD or anything, but it was clear. Restarted the comp and the modem to see if it would sort itself out - No chance.
I did a speed test and found huge ping times (150-200ms) and a download speed of 23kbps.

Anyone else been having trouble with Virgin Meeja?
Conspiracy!

Down with the corporate scum!

THIS IS OUR CHANCE TO SPEAK UP!

Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Virgin Media is really hit and miss. For a while the service was great but so far this year, there have been at least 5/6 problems with the internet I recieve from them. There seems to be some kind of problem in our area and every so often the internet will completely stop working, as well as the V+ feature on the box.
Yea, the Virgin Media connection isn't really particularly useful.

Like the search bar, one might suggest.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Virgin Media are actual arses.
You never get what they say your getting, and trying to sort it out costs you about a tenner in phone bills that goes back to them

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
My internet is fine, just my box for the Cable freezes regularly
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero
Yer, I've been having issues with the TV box lately (so has my mate) - Keeps freezing and the On Demand don't work occasionally.

While we're at it...

Virgin Trains are bollocks aswell...
ever since i've had a "BT HomeHub" my internet has been ridiculously slow

it's all this over logging
Quote by urbanfox
Yer, I've been having issues with the TV box lately (so has my mate) - Keeps freezing and the On Demand don't work occasionally.

While we're at it...

Virgin Trains are bollocks aswell...

And cola, and his hot air balloon always seems to crash in the sea...
Quote by Cadj

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by urbanfox

When it was Telewest, I got 4MB. Download speeds around 400k/s, websites loaded in a flash. No problems. Ever.

Since it became Virgin Media, its been quite poor. Rarely have I had 400kb/s download speeds and they have generally been pretty crap.

But today is just ridiculous. Websites were taking an age to load and I was getting download speeds of around 10-20kb/s.
I did a virus scan to make sure my comp hadn't got an STD or anything, but it was clear. Restarted the comp and the modem to see if it would sort itself out - No chance.
I did a speed test and found huge ping times (150-200ms) and a download speed of 23kbps.

My top download speed is 26kbps on a good day, with massive seeds.
Grow a pair.
Gore AND Core; unite!
I've never had a problem with my connection. Are you on cable or phone line? Phone line broadband is crap
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Cable here, it has a problem every so often it decides not to work for unknown reasons
Quote by Cadj

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Quote by urbanfox

Are yoiu cable or non cable? You may live too far from the exchange and virgin do a lot of bandwidth capping at peak times.

Look on the website and do a postcode search, if you aren't in a cabled area you can get cable spotters out to see if they can lay fibre optic cables for you, even if it doesn't improve, having virgin pay people to faff around outside your house could be quite rewarding

Also, whoever said they pay £10 whenever they call up the helpline, urdoinitwrong, why don't you use the FREEPHONE number instead? silly >.<
I use cable and on DSL report my top download speed was 11,000 kbs :-)
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
we havent had any this week
but the other week they were having problems with all the servers in the derby area and they were all down

Virgin are a pile of wank, but theyre cheap for us students
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Are yoiu cable or non cable? You may live too far from the exchange and virgin do a lot of bandwidth capping at peak times.

Look on the website and do a postcode search, if you aren't in a cabled area you can get cable spotters out to see if they can lay fibre optic cables for you, even if it doesn't improve, having virgin pay people to faff around outside your house could be quite rewarding

Also, whoever said they pay £10 whenever they call up the helpline, urdoinitwrong, why don't you use the FREEPHONE number instead? silly >.<

You work for virgin... So ... SHH!

You are clearly biased.

Virgin actually suck at customer service. We have the 20mbs service with the cable tv option. Half the time the set top box doesnt register the channels, it randomly blocks all the channels for no reason, and whats worse is, I live outside the damn exchange and sometimes we cant connect...

Oh and the modems they supply suck. They are temperamental! We had to have our signal boosted because when they installed the internet, they decided to fit a signal blocker... Which means that we never got connections half the time.

Virgin take too long to sort out problems.

The £50 package a month is pretty crap really. Not what I expected. Its supposed to be good but damn it sucks ass! Slow internet during the day and later in the evening, the TV channels barely work and Virgin can never be bothered to do the work.

Boo to virgin!

If it was down to me, I would not have gone with virgin but my housemate seems to love performing fellatio on them.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
yeah the tv channels... like you get a few things but the on demand thing always freezes for me
Quote by XCount Me InX
yeah the tv channels... like you get a few things but the on demand thing always freezes for me

Exactly... On Demand either freezes or just... Doesnt work.

Meh, its my housemate who has to deal with it.
Tis the cables I believe.

I'd imagine I'm pretty close to the exchange seeing as its called Perry Barr...and that's where I live.

It's fine today anyway, so meh.
its bloody annoying coz i like to watch all the programmes ive missed because ive been doing uni work
Quote by XCount Me InX
its bloody annoying coz i like to watch all the programmes ive missed because ive been doing uni work

I know how you feel lol. I just like bitching at my house mates to get something done about it since he does sod all all day. He doesnt go to lectures.. Just lies in bed all day.
Quote by Guitardude19
You work for virgin... So ... SHH!

You are clearly biased.

Virgin actually suck at customer service. We have the 20mbs service with the cable tv option. Half the time the set top box doesnt register the channels, it randomly blocks all the channels for no reason, and whats worse is, I live outside the damn exchange and sometimes we cant connect...

Oh and the modems they supply suck. They are temperamental! We had to have our signal boosted because when they installed the internet, they decided to fit a signal blocker... Which means that we never got connections half the time.

Virgin take too long to sort out problems.

The £50 package a month is pretty crap really. Not what I expected. Its supposed to be good but damn it sucks ass! Slow internet during the day and later in the evening, the TV channels barely work and Virgin can never be bothered to do the work.

Boo to virgin!

If it was down to me, I would not have gone with virgin but my housemate seems to love performing fellatio on them.

We have all these little touch screen tv's at work to show you what the channels are like, we got a survey to find out which of them actually worked and it turned out... none of them >.< but they might fix the tv service when enough stores have complained, which we have.

The way virgin deal with things is once enough people complain they fix things, so keep on logging complaints until they call you back!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
We have all these little touch screen tv's at work to show you what the channels are like, we got a survey to find out which of them actually worked and it turned out... none of them >.< but they might fix the tv service when enough stores have complained, which we have.

The way virgin deal with things is once enough people complain they fix things, so keep on logging complaints until they call you back!

Pff thats not good enough. In fact that is piss poor customer service. If something doesnt work, they should fix it. They are providing a service, and if they cant keep their end of the bargin, then we should get a refund on the month...

Which we did... Last month they refunded us because we used that argument.

Quote by Guitardude19
Pff thats not good enough. In fact that is piss poor customer service. If something doesnt work, they should fix it. They are providing a service, and if they cant keep their end of the bargin, then we should get a refund on the month...

Which we did... Last month they refunded us because we used that argument.

EXAACTLY! keep complaining and they get scared and give you money!

my customer service isn't piss poor

[the call centre are wankers though. If we have a problem and we phone them up, they have been known to hang up on us in the past... also they lie to customers and tell them to come in store so they dont have to deal with them]
Quote by Guitardude19
I know how you feel lol. I just like bitching at my house mates to get something done about it since he does sod all all day. He doesnt go to lectures.. Just lies in bed all day.

hahahaha sounds like my housemate but he plays games .........ALL day.
I swear were gonna get a hole in the ceiling from the ammount of times hes thrown a tantrum!!
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
EXAACTLY! keep complaining and they get scared and give you money!

my customer service isn't piss poor

[the call centre are wankers though. If we have a problem and we phone them up, they have been known to hang up on us in the past... also they lie to customers and tell them to come in store so they dont have to deal with them]

Lol, the virgin media people does have piss poor customer service.

Im sure if you were to deal with my complaint it would be done with proffessionalism...

Yea, I hate the call center people. I really hate them... Thats why I get my housemate to deal with them because I cant stand them.

Quote by XCount Me InX
hahahaha sounds like my housemate but he plays games .........ALL day.
I swear were gonna get a hole in the ceiling from the ammount of times hes thrown a tantrum!!

Lol, just go up and bitch slap some sense into him

I would....
hmmm I guess I'm lucky

I have Verizon FiOS and I get 15 mb/s download speed and 8 mb/s upload speed.

This is in the states though.
Quote by Mathamology
Pfff, we (I live in student housing) were conned into getting 20Mb bandwidth, and we rarely hit 400kb/s!

People keep saying this to me. I live in student halls so can't use my 20mb broadband virgin keep telling me I can have so I can't judge but why don't you complain and get your money back off your bills? false advertising and all that, someone could have actually fucked up and given you the wrong package...
Lucky you, Tesco's speeds for broadband are utter crap. Most I can be getting is 1mb and the most they advertise is 2mb. Hopefully Sky broadband hits up here soon so it is cheaper and faster.
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.