so im traveling to the u.s this summer and because of the low prices amp there i want to buy a nice tube amp for jamming and home practice....(here in israel a nice tube amp his about 5000-6000 shekel{that almost 2000+- american dollars...)

max 40W
for some metal/trash/hard rock/rock
max 1000$(american dollars)
hmm and i have a little question...
any one of you has ever had some repair on their tube amp?
like expencive repairs..?

sorry for the bad english
Quote by andy331

and i used to hump everything in sight and i had fake sex with my styuffed animals and pretended they were the pink power ranger!
mabye a orange tiny terror?
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
Quote by _DeX_
mabye a orange tiny terror?

my question is...
is there a store in NY that sells orange amps?
Quote by andy331

and i used to hump everything in sight and i had fake sex with my styuffed animals and pretended they were the pink power ranger!
Quote by Maxv4
my question is...

chances are there is.
are you willing to buy used amps?
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by xMikeyxMetalx
chances are there is.
are you willing to buy used amps?

if its in a really good shap yes
how much watt is the tiny terror?
Quote by andy331

For a high gain combo, you're looking at the Peavey XXX. You could also get a Peavey 5150 combo, or a 5150 head and a 2x12 cab used for $1000.

The orange is a cool amp, but you're definitely going to need a boost to get it into metal territory.

Used Mesa Combos can be had for under $1000 aswell. F-series, DC Series, maybe even a recto-o-verb.

Remember though...you're going to need some sort of an adjusted transformer for the different voltage in Europe.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
For a high gain combo, you're looking at the Peavey XXX. You could also get a Peavey 5150 combo, or a 5150 head and a 2x12 cab used for $1000.

The orange is a cool amp, but you're definitely going to need a boost to get it into metal territory.

Used Mesa Combos can be had for under $1000 aswell. F-series, DC Series, maybe even a recto-o-verb.

Remember though...you're going to need some sort of an adjusted transformer for the different voltage in Europe.

yeah i know dude...
the big problem is getting it from the u.s to my country...
i cant bring a half stack its too big...
and i cant get a 60W its too big too....
i really need a 40Wmax amp that has a really good sound for my styles and his loud enought to get over a drum...
im going to check all those amps you sujested...hope for some good resolts

edit:
to the one that asked me if israel is in europe
its not really in europe but the electricity voltage is the same here...
almost every thing is the same....
its like half europe half us hehehe
Quote by andy331

Last edited by Maxv4 at Apr 20, 2008,
^BUMP^

i need help really...
dont let this thread die...
please!
Quote by andy331

Like someone else mentioned, they sell peavey xxx 40 watt combos, i have a 60 watt and its very versitile, problem is they dont make the combos so you could only find one used, although it would only be around $500. otherwise a used mesa combo would be nice, and just so you know, the tiny terror is a head so you'd still need to buy a cab(I'm not sure if you knew this already) but if your still into that you could pair it with a tubescreamer and it would sound pretty nice.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey XXX 60 watt combo
Ibanez TS9 Tubescreamer

Quote by Twist of fate
You're not racist, only black people are.

Quote by clincher09
Ah yes, you have a condition that many guys live with and are affected by everyday. It's called a penis.
bear in mind that

a) you'll need a voltage transformer (not just a holiday power outlet adapter thing), because US mains voltage is 110v and israel is 230v

b) you will, i believe, have to pay import duties on your amp. with things like consumer electronics, its easy to sneak things through and not have to declare them. with something like an amp, its a lot more difficult and raises a lot more suspicion. furthermore, you'll have to bear in mind that you need to get the thing back. valve amps are heavy and don't like being treated roughly (if they can avoid it).

i'm not saying that it won't still work out cheaper to buy in the states. but you do need to take all these things into consideration.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Is Israel in Europe?
Please be joking.

Quote by Maxv4
how much watt is the tiny terror?
The Tine Terror is 15 watts and has a master volume so you can get driven tones at bedroom volumes if you want them.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Is Israel in Europe?

You are in Europe, but Israel is not.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
bear in mind that

a) you'll need a voltage transformer (not just a holiday power outlet adapter thing), because US mains voltage is 110v and israel is 230v

b) you will, i believe, have to pay import duties on your amp. with things like consumer electronics, its easy to sneak things through and not have to declare them. with something like an amp, its a lot more difficult and raises a lot more suspicion. furthermore, you'll have to bear in mind that you need to get the thing back. valve amps are heavy and don't like being treated roughly (if they can avoid it).

i'm not saying that it won't still work out cheaper to buy in the states. but you do need to take all these things into consideration.

a)yes i know dude...its like 400 shekel(70 dollars+-)

b)i allready talked about getting a amp from the u.s with some one...
he told me that if you bring 1 amp you wont pay extra cash...but the problem is getting the amp on the plan...
theyl want me to get the tubes out and ****s like this...
now the real problem in israel is getting a amp like the orange...theres no official orange sallers...(so no oranges here XDDD)
Quote by andy331

Quote by Maxv4
my question is...

In schenedty I think, parkway music sells orange amps and just about anything there. Cheap prices also, I saw a twin reverb for 400$.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
Quote by Maxv4
a)yes i know dude...its like 400 shekel(70 dollars+-)

b)i allready talked about getting a amp from the u.s with some one...
he told me that if you bring 1 amp you wont pay extra cash...but the problem is getting the amp on the plan...
theyl want me to get the tubes out and ****s like this...
now the real problem in israel is getting a amp like the orange...theres no official orange sallers...(so no oranges here XDDD)

There is, 'Buzin' in Tel-Aviv.
I'd check Ceriatone.com btw, got a DC-30 clone from him, shipping is around 150$, and it came wired for 240V. total price was under 1000$, including tubes and shipping, and that's a handwired PTP clone of a pretty bad-ass amp.
he also clones a JCM-800 so u can get a 50W version, get a booster/OD pedal, and u got an all-time classic amp.
In New York, if you'll be in New York City, head out to Long Island and hit up The Music Zoo:

http://www.themusiczoo.com

They sell Orange there, as well as a few other kinds of boutique amps. Nice guys there, definitely worth a shot.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by greggybhoy
You are in Europe, but Israel is not.

Guys, I was being sarcastic. Ofc I know Israel isn't in Europe. Though they are in the Eurovision song contest...wtf?