I know bore oil is all good for rosewood, but can it be used on ebony? I would think so, but I just want to be certain.
never heard of bore oil
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Tubyboulin
Didnt you just make a Thread about the same thing except with Lemon Oil?

Thats what I was thinking but apparently it's just coincidental unless they're either in it together or multiple accounts for one person. ._.;
Lol, no that wasn't me, but that thread did remind me I would be changing my acoustic strings soon and that guitar has an ebony fretboard. Since lemon oil is apparently a no-no for ebony, I wanted to make sure bore oil was safe, but I didn't want to hijack his thread or anything.
Quote by Habit Zero
Lol, no that wasn't me, but that thread did remind me I would be changing my acoustic strings soon and that guitar has an ebony fretboard. Since lemon oil is apparently a no-no for ebony, I wanted to make sure bore oil was safe, but I didn't want to hijack his thread or anything.

Well mate you might want to reread that thread because ebony & lemon oil work great together.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by Habit Zero

Ahhh alright, Makes sense get teh multi, mods!

Try asking at a/the shop you bought the Guitar from, they would be able to tell you exactly what is safe. Im not even sure what Bore Oil is so i dont know how much help UG is going to be to you in this situation, so its Probobly best to play it safe and ask a pro
Quote by Tubyboulin
Ahhh alright, Makes sense get teh multi, mods!

Try asking at a/the shop you bought the Guitar from, they would be able to tell you exactly what is safe. Im not even sure what Bore Oil is so i dont know how much help UG is going to be to you in this situation, so its Probobly best to play it safe and ask a pro

Will do, will do. I won't be buying my strings there, though, I don't think... need to find a good set and they have kind of a limited selection.

Quote by Ventor
Well mate you might want to reread that thread because ebony & lemon oil work great together.

I saw several posts saying not to use it so...
Quote by Habit Zero

I saw several posts saying not to use it so...

Well I don't know where they got their info but it's wrong. I've been doing it for years, and so have many many other people. If you get lemon oil from companies that make it especially for guitar cleaning, there's no issue.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=1121092

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/gibson-les-pauls/5034-fingerboard-oil.html
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower