alright guys, I'm putting a toggle switch in my strat on the part of the body under the high frets, like the pointy part? sorry if theres a technical term. Well, I want to, but the body isn't hollowed out there. would hollowing out the more of the body make the guitar sound really bad, or just different? Or best case, no change at all? If anybodys confused about where I'm doing it I guess I could post a picture.
shouldnt change that much at all i would imagine mine all sound the same after some small mods of that sort, jsut make sure u know what ur doing before ur do it
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by luuuuuuukee
alright guys, I'm putting a toggle switch in my strat on the part of the body under the high frets, like the pointy part? sorry if theres a technical term. Well, I want to, but the body isn't hollowed out there. would hollowing out the more of the body make the guitar sound really bad, or just different? Or best case, no change at all? If anybodys confused about where I'm doing it I guess I could post a picture.

Wouldn't it be more convenient and less invasive to install it in the tone and volume route?

Quote by Ippon
Wouldn't it be more convenient and less invasive to install it in the tone and volume route?

yeah, then I'd just have to drill through the pickguard. But I don't think I'd be able to move my hand as fast- im installing it in the name of tom morello

also, does anybody know of a way to make the strat pickups look like the les paul ones, as in, no pickguard? or is that a giant process that takes a professional
Quote by luuuuuuukee
yeah, then I'd just have to drill through the pickguard. But I don't think I'd be able to move my hand as fast- im installing it in the name of tom morello

also, does anybody know of a way to make the strat pickups look like the les paul ones, as in, no pickguard? or is that a giant process that takes a professional

To go PG-less, it's usually back-routed. I suppose you could tweak it, but it needs some creativity to make it look decent. Lots of filling, sanding, etc.