Just wondering really in everyone's opinion which is a better guitar to play a wide range of music? Not necessarily looking to buy anything at this stage but was just wondering?
thanks!
stratocaster can play a wider range of music. you can also switch out the pickguard to fit humbuckers and mod it easier.
Co founder and fifth member of the "I watched The cptncacklefanny Soap Opera" club. pm Theplague925 or PapaSmurph to join.
Quote by djb5050
Just wondering really in everyone's opinion which is a better guitar to play a wide range of music? Not necessarily looking to buy anything at this stage but was just wondering?
thanks!

id say probably the strat would be more versitile. but they both can play a wide range of music. i have a tele and i play lots of styles on it. but with the strat you have more pickup selections. unless you get a tele with 3 pickups. for the most part they come with 2. if you got one with 3 is say they are pretty equal. it would just come down to what you like better. but i think teles usually tend to be brighter sounding while strats are a little warmer. plus strats have a bit better access to the higher frets so that might be a plus if you do a lot of soloing.
The tele Jim Root custom is great.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
A HSS strat is one of the most versatile guitars that I have ever played.
I would say a strat for the simple reason that majority of the time they are going to have 3 pups and 5 selections for pup combinations. That being said I think my tele is pretty versatile.
~Nick
i'll also jump on the bandwagon here and say Stratocaster. i wouldn't say it's the best for everything, but it's GOOD at everything. i have a 2004 MIM Fat Strat, and i can play just about anything on it.
I wish my lawn was Emo so it would cut itself.

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished.
Quote by QuebecMetal
The tele Jim Root custom is great.

any tele with 2 humbuckers is not a tele. when you do that, you destroy any semblance of fender-ness-osity from the guitar. fender=single coil (for the most part, except for HSS's, i realize)
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Strat

i think one of the most versatile guitars ever. put a coiltap humbucker in the bridge and it can do any style of music
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss
I prefer Tele's usually but I'd have to go with a Strat....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
tele
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite