Yeah when I play my Epiphone LP in the bridge pickup position, the sound of the guitar fades away and comes back randomly.

It doesn't happen in the treble position but on the rhythm and middle. I'm thinking it's the bridge pickup but my guitar teacher says it could be a bad pot. Any ideas?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
That makes no since. You said on the bridge pickup it fades in and out but it doesnt ont he treble and middle positions. The bridge pickup IS the treble position.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
the bridge pickup is ur treble position.i think u might have some wiring problems,maybe something not connected right. i don't think ur pickups are broken or else u wouldn't hear anything at all on the middel and rythem ...usually when something isn't connected properly u have a signal that goes away and comes back again. bring it to a guitar store for repairs,it shouldn't be a big deal
Make sure your cables are working well.
Quote by umbrellacorp
tom morello that bitch

^ Talking about how high to play your guitar.
Quote by Dark_Raven10
That makes no since. You said on the bridge pickup it fades in and out but it doesnt ont he treble and middle positions. The bridge pickup IS the treble position.

My bad I meant neck, wasn't thinking that post all the way through.

Quote by The Lesser Paul
Make sure your cables are working well.

I tried some other guitars and my cables seemed to be fine.

Quote by bestscorer
the bridge pickup is ur treble position.i think u might have some wiring problems,maybe something not connected right. i don't think ur pickups are broken or else u wouldn't hear anything at all on the middel and rythem ...usually when something isn't connected properly u have a signal that goes away and comes back again. bring it to a guitar store for repairs,it shouldn't be a big deal

Yeah I just got back from the store, the guy at the counter said it is most probably some wiring but the tech wasn't in today so i'll have to wait a while till I can take the guitar in to get fixed.

Thanks for the help.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

well open up the back panels, and check if the solder is still shiny, and if there are any wires that are loose.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
well open up the back panels, and check if the solder is still shiny, and if there are any wires that are loose.

Just opened the two back panels but there aren't any visible problems in the wiring, solder seems fine and all the wires in place. I suppose the tech will have to give it a go cause i'm not too experienced with these.

Either way it's about time I start fixing up the electronics on this guitar.

Quote by CorvetteRick
I honestly don't know I just want to be the first to say your guitar has teh aidz

sigged!
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard