dont get the ram from apple...buy it with 1 or 2 gigs...and upgrade to 4 through macsales.com
Quote by Preid
plants are basicly sex organs on stems, pollen is airbourn jizzum.

So all us hayfever suffers are allergic to plant jizz...
Umm, I think you need to get some stuff straight before you buy anything,

4gb of memory is too little..

I'm assuming they meant 4gb of RAM, and a 250gb hard drive, cause you can't even get 250gb of RAM, unless they meant 256mb's of RAM, which is like **** on a stick.

Find out the actual specs of this comp before you buy it.
Quote by jazzman07
dont get the ram from apple...buy it with 1 or 2 gigs...and upgrade to 4 through macsales.com

ya, mac overcharges for their ram, but a macbook is great overall (if you want a notebook)
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
lulwut

Apple sucks.

Build a Pc for half the price, and put OSX on it with OSX86. I would never buy an apple product (sides the ipod classic)
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
I think Macs are just overpriced PCs...really...

I would just stick with a PC with an on board firewire port and upgrade to 4GB RAM and run windows XP.

Either brand will work for you, its just what you wish to spend your money on and work with each day. I personally would be happy with a PC which is what I use now.

also I dont know why you are going with a laptop because PCs are cheaper and easier to build/upgrade...
Quote by ledzepprules09
Umm, I think you need to get some stuff straight before you buy anything,

4gb of memory is too little..

I'm assuming they meant 4gb of RAM, and a 250gb hard drive, cause you can't even get 250gb of RAM, unless they meant 256mb's of RAM, which is like **** on a stick.

Find out the actual specs of this comp before you buy it.

Lol it was obviously a typo, he clearly meant 4gb of RAM.

Personally, I find Macs very nice for audio work. Plus Logic is the bees knees in my opinion. But if you know how to boot OSX on a PC, then you might want to go for that.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by fridge_raider
Lol it was obviously a typo, he clearly meant 4gb of RAM.

Personally, I find Macs very nice for audio work. Plus Logic is the bees knees in my opinion. But if you know how to boot OSX on a PC, then you might want to go for that.

Yea sorry that's what I meant. My mistake. I wanted a laptop for portability and so I could use it for school too by the way. Does anyone have any other suggestions about the purchase?
Bees knees=awesome. It's an expression I haven't heard or seen in a while.

As for the purchase, I'll just say, good luck trying to manipulate audio with that tiny screen. I'd go for a 17" laptop simply so you can see what you're doing, unless you plan on lugging a separate monitor around.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by Fast_Fingers
Bees knees=awesome. It's an expression I haven't heard or seen in a while.

That's probably because it's well old, and quite foolish
There is poetry in despair.
I use a macbook for recording (though I just use the built in mic, and im not ultra serious about it or anything) and love it. Great to just plug a midi keyboard in and it works, no drivers or anything. Handles garageband and ableton very well also, and the 13" screen is no problem and helps with portability- great for gigging if your into that, and at home if you have to have more space you can plug it into a monitor. Id recommend it for sure.