heres my issue - everytime i solo i always get unwanted noise from lightly brushing against other strings. if i bend a string, the string above it rings, whenever i remove my finger from one string to go onto the next it rings. i've tried playing real slow and it still happens. i know the reponse will likely be "practice more", but practice what? thanks
you should just play more and your playing will get cleaner eventually.. not very revolutionary advice but that's the way it goes
Quote by bwalter32
palm mute in between string transitions.

+1

also try not to pull of as much as move from string to string, to reduce recoil.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
like nirvana dude said,when taking your finger off the string...try not to make a pull off noise
dont push down as hard,use less force
try and mute the strings u don't want with other fingers of your fretting hand. but if you practice your picking will become more accurate and then that will be less of a problem.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
I always have this problem too... I noticed it particularly when playing the intro to Sweet Child O' Mine (yes yes, overplayed I know..). When I try and make a string change I end up making the previous string I was fretting ring out... It's annoying as hell :/
play it as slowly as possible and try to find out at what point the unwanted sound happens, then just practice that part but each time slightly adjusting your fingering.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...