I couldn't find another forum that seemed appropriate for such a question, so I figured I'd ask here.

Me and the second guitarist from my band are going to be playing an acoustic set at this Fiesta Day thing. No Mexican theme or anything, we just get to do whatever we want.

We are curious as to what would go over really well.
We don't have a huge school fanbase, so this is a break out show of sorts.

So any suggestions?

Thanks!
Quote by thegreensquall
she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat...
Tears in Heaven
Wish You Were Here
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
We're actually considering both of those. haha

We're just sorta worried about playing decent music. It being a bunch of highschoolers and what not.
Quote by thegreensquall
she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat...
i know what you mean man. me and my friend played for our school before and you get the biggest response when you play the party songs lol
^^^ Awesome and easy songs but over the hills and far away awesome acoustic song and bron yr aur stomp by led zeppelin
Anything by Oasis or The Beatles, always good for a crowd.
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Quote by oh... THAT guy
I cum blood

I'm sorry, but it was inevitable...

I was waiting for that one haha
Quote by thegreensquall
Quote by oh... THAT guy
I cum blood

I'm sorry, but it was inevitable...

Dear God, if anyone posts another crap song by Cannibal Corpse, I'm going to kill the whole band to stop the madness. And if anyone does I Cum Blood again, I'll roundkick you in the kidney so hard you do.

Bwahaha.

But suggestions - I've seen cool covers of "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Cambria on acoustic. And then "Drive" by Incubus might be cool..."Fade to Black" by Metallica, "Yellow Ledbetter" by Pearl Jam...yeah, that's about it.
And right now we have a bunch of random music that people all know mixed in with some that nobody will know plus some originals.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Quote by thegreensquall
Quote by punkforlife93
Dear God, if anyone posts another crap song by Cannibal Corpse, I'm going to kill the whole band to stop the madness. And if anyone does I Cum Blood again, I'll roundkick you in the kidney so hard you do.

Bwahaha.

But suggestions - I've seen cool covers of "Welcome Home" by Coheed and Cambria on acoustic. And then "Drive" by Incubus might be cool..."Fade to Black" by Metallica, "Yellow Ledbetter" by Pearl Jam...yeah, that's about it.

I've been trying to think of a C&C song to use. I just can't imagine how that would sound acoustic. I suppose I'll look it up.

Thanks!
Quote by thegreensquall
Quote by punkforlife93
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkCYGghg1uY&feature=related
Here's the original acoustic version by them, there's other covers on youtube too. It's the best version I could find, anyways...

that would sound awesome i bust it out sometimes at school,

other songs
mexican-incubus
wonderwall-oasis
everlong-foo fighters
moving mountains- thrice
the middle-jimmy eat world
Quote by sk8rmiket
We're actually considering both of those. haha

We're just sorta worried about playing decent music. It being a bunch of highschoolers and what not.

If you both sing play Cute Without The E by Taking Back Sunday
Or almost anything by The New Amsterdams
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Simple Man - Skynyrd
Tuesday's Gone - Skynyrd
Mama Said - Metallica
Planet Caravan - Black Sabbath
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Death Cab for Cutie is good for acoustic stuff. I don't know how well known it will be, but I imagine you'll get a few singing along.
Quote by DistantScreams
Awwwww.... CaptainBec that was messed up

Why? Because I rap about reality? Like me and my grandma having a cup of tea?
There ain't no party like my nanna's tea party - heey - ho!