Are there any boxing fans here in the pit?? If there are what do you think about the Calzaghe vs Hopkins match last night?

and also discuss about the future in boxing,great fights ahead Calzaghe will probably figt RJJ next and a mayweather vs de la hoya rematch is in the making.
Into my boxing. Got a few few mates who box and my brother is getting into it too.

I tried to stayed awake all night to watch the fight last night but fell asleep around 3 in the morning
I tried to stayed awake all night to watch the fight last night but fell asleep around 3 in the morning

too bad! it was a great fight
I never saw it either, as I don't have Setanta. Hopefully the BBC will show it next week, like they have with the last couple of Setanta fights.

Quote by ninnipinni93
and also discuss about the future in boxing,great fights ahead Calzaghe will probably figt RJJ next and a mayweather vs de la hoya rematch is in the making.

Calzaghe/Jones should be a great one.

I can't see the point in the Floyd/DLH fight at all though. What will Oscar do that he couldn't do last time? He's just not quite good enough anymore. I'd much rather see Mayweather fight Cotto, though that probably won't happen.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
I like it but didn't watch that as I didn't have Setanta and wasn't fussed enough to find someone who did.
I never saw it either, as I don't have Setanta. Hopefully the BBC will show it next week, like they have with the last couple of Setanta fights.

Calzaghe/Jones should be a great one.

I can't see the point in the Floyd/DLH fight at all though. What will Oscar do that he couldn't do last time? He's just not quite good enough anymore.

I disagree that de la hoya is not quite good enough anymore to beat mayweather. IMO
he won the last fight, Gayweather was just lucky getting the win.

but yeah mayweather vs cotto is a dream fight.
I love watching boxing. I never plan to watch the matches, but I often happen to see them. I heard about the British dude munting up the Yank recently. WAHEY! The last match I watched was Amir Kahn punching some Czech dude's face into a pulp.

Britain has some brilliant boxers at the moment.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
yeah i'm really looking forward to the possible calzaghe/jones clash. looks promising so far. both fighers want it. calzaghe reckons he's only got one fight left as well.
anyone watching oscar de la hoya vs steve forbes tonight? if so, does anyone know what time the fight is actually due to start? the sky sports program is 3 hours long (from 2am to 5am UK time).