I know how to play like 2 solos, but I can't get them clean and up to speed! I've practiced them for months and need some advice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ZTRuI3zj8 this is someone's cover of the first solo I've learned. It's just going back and forth between the 2nd and 3rd string, but when I do an upstroke for the 3rd string, it doesn't make a loud noise. I've been practicing it foreeevvvver. the other one is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy_h6GUsR3g&feature=related from 2:06 to 2:26. I haven't practiced this one as much as the first one, but both of them are pretty fast, and I'm having trouble. Can someone please give advice that works for sure?
Stop worrying - I know how to play loads of stuf, but can't actually play most of it.

Practice slowly, perfect it slowly then gradually build speed over time - that's the only way to do it. Speed doesn't develop overnight and you can't force it, depending on how good you are currently and how hard the piece is it could take days, weeks or even years to get it up to speed.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Seagull is right! Don't worry so much, and just know everything will be alright with patience, steady practice, and time. Frustration and trying to jump too far too quick can be damaging to your drive/motivation. Patience!! You will get there.
Is Steven Seagull ever wrong?

All I can really add is to practice it with a metronome and at a slower pace. Make sure you can play it multiple times perfectly at a slow speed and then go up by 10 bpm's at a time. I know, I know, it sounds boring but it really is the best way.
Stop whining and learn your theory!

Quote by oddhawk676
Yeah, some black guy with a yankees cap walks into the ice cream parlor, and I said "We dont serve your kind here," as in, yankee fans, i guess he thought something else and left.
Quote by PekarGuitar
Is Steven Seagull ever wrong?

I've never seen it...he's pretty omniscient.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I've never seen it...he's pretty omniscient.

I have

Let's see now...

Strat trems not supposed to be floating
Krenk Rev Jr not very good

there's a few more I'm sure.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com