I'm looking to get a new guitar soon, it's just I have no idea what to get.

I mainly play Rage Against the Machine, The Clash, some Anti-Flag, and bits of Metallica and Tool here and there.

So suggestions? Budget is under €500.
Last edited by MrSheen at Apr 20, 2008,
SCHECTER

i have one and i love it
i play mostly metal and punk
the distortion is amazing

i have an s-1 elite diamond series, i def. recommend it
Quote by 100%guitarmad
INSANE. thats £395.75 to english people and $790.75

And your point is? Anyway, it's most likely not going to be my final budget, It's more of an estimation.
Yeah...I don't really want a "metal" guitar since it's not really my main genre..I'd do more classic rock than metal. And I don't want a guitar with a Floyd Rose.
It does look appealing, but it's just I want something with more guranteed quality control than an Squier. Is there a Fender version of it?
umm welll

i have a 1995 les pual epiphone.

its good i brought it from ebay but jst an epiphone would be gd 4 u if ur into that kinda thing
Quote by MrSheen
It does look appealing, but it's just I want something with more guranteed quality control than an Squier. Is there a Fender version of it?

don't think so
How about a Gibson Les Paul Standard.

You're gonna have to play some at a store though, because i've been hearing that Gibsons lately have been really hit or miss.
O O

___
Quote by electricdeath
This is not Degrading you but for what you want it is perfect

Tom morrello from RATM
Kirk Hammet from Metallica
Both play strats and this has 2 humbuckers and a killswitch
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Squier-FSR-Affinity-Detonator-Electric-Guitar-With-Kill-Switch?sku=513752

I actually agree with this, since a lot of Tom Morello techniques rely on killswitching.

Maybe use your left over loot to get it properly set up?
Quote by Rocker_94
Trem or no Trem? Single Coil or Humbuckers? Both?

I'd like to have a tremolo bar if possible, and one humbucker.