Hey, I love Machine Head and I love the tuning they use on most of there records, Whole step half step. I can tune to this tuning by listening to there records which they use this tuning on but I was wondering how do I tune to this tuning accurately with a tuner. Me and my guitarist want to play are songs in this tuning and we want to do it quickly with a tuner instead of tuning to whole step and working it out from there or listening to the record to find out if we are in it. If it helps I have a BOSS-TU80.

I am not new to guitar or anything like that, It's just I simply don't know.
Quote by sashki
judging by these 'ranks', I guess you were looking at Gibson guitars.

In that case, it goes (worst --> best)
special --> studio --> standard --> custom

When Gibson calls something "special", it's special in the way a retarded kid is.
Does it have a button that says "Flat?"

Hit that button three times, and tune to standard. If not, use a capo. Put it on the the 3rd fret, and tune down to standard.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I have the same tuner - you can either choose 3 flats in the standard mode, or use the chromatic mode (which is what i use) and just tune the string to the correct notes

Whole + Half Step down would be: C# F# B E G# C#
Last edited by Jackface20 at Apr 20, 2008,
If you don't have a capo, you can hold the strings down on the 3rd fret and then tune the guitar to the usual EADGBE.
Thanks a lot everyone for the help.
Quote by sashki
judging by these 'ranks', I guess you were looking at Gibson guitars.

In that case, it goes (worst --> best)
special --> studio --> standard --> custom

When Gibson calls something "special", it's special in the way a retarded kid is.