So, I need something for gigging, obviously. I'm going to Thomann next week (in Germany) to check out what bass to get and I figured I might as well look at amps, because, I need one ^^

Any suggestions? I'm not on a very large budget, perhasp 200e-300e. I figured for gigging I need at least 100SS watts, right.

My current favourite: Ashdown T15-180S (180 watts)

Other contenders: Fender Rumble bass amp, 100watts, Ibanez SWX100 and Gallien Krueger Backline 112 . Although I've got to admit that, I know Fender isn't known for amps, I didn't know Ibanez even made amps, and I've never heard of Gallien Krueger.

So, what's wrong with the Ashdown? ^^
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by bornfidelity
So, I need something for gigging, obviously. I'm going to Thomann next week (in Germany) to check out what bass to get and I figured I might as well look at amps, because, I need one ^^

Any suggestions? I'm not on a very large budget, perhasp 200e-300e. I figured for gigging I need at least 100SS watts, right.

My current favourite: Ashdown T15-180S (180 watts)

Other contenders: Fender Rumble bass amp, 100watts, Ibanez SWX100 and Gallien Krueger Backline 112 . Although I've got to admit that, I know Fender isn't known for amps, I didn't know Ibanez even made amps, and I've never heard of Gallien Krueger.

So, what's wrong with the Ashdown? ^^

you realise that fender pretty much made the first bass amp. and gallien kruger is a bass specific amp company.

on that note, do not buy the fender rumble 100 unless you don't want a defined high end.

there's absolutely nothing wrong with ashdown, many of the users of this forum swear by their ashdowns although i don't care for them myself
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
the thing about bass is that when your gigging a venue with a PA system, the bass will be DI'd to the PA and paralleled through your amp. All you really need from a bass amp is to hear yourself on stage. however monitors can do that for you.

100 watt SS will do everything you need. but if you have no access to a PA then you should be alright with it.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Agree with delirium.

And fender are known for amp a fair bit, deluxe reverb is a famous amp!
Quote by loki_lulamen
the thing about bass is that when your gigging a venue with a PA system, the bass will be DI'd to the PA and paralleled through your amp. All you really need from a bass amp is to hear yourself on stage. however monitors can do that for you.

100 watt SS will do everything you need. but if you have no access to a PA then you should be alright with it.

I've learned not to rely on monitors - most venues I play have the crappiest soundtechnicians EVER. One time I spent half a gig next to the guitar player because I could hear myself in his monitor but not in my own. L O L

But back on subject - there's nothing fundamentally wrong with the Ashdown, then? If it can outcry a drum set I'm satisfied, to be honest. Well, and if I can hear myself through it, then. If it's a good sound, and loud enough for these purposes, I'm just getting it, I guess. ^^
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Quote by bornfidelity
I've learned not to rely on monitors - most venues I play have the crappiest soundtechnicians EVER. One time I spent half a gig next to the guitar player because I could hear myself in his monitor but not in my own. L O L

But back on subject - there's nothing fundamentally wrong with the Ashdown, then? If it can outcry a drum set I'm satisfied, to be honest. Well, and if I can hear myself through it, then. If it's a good sound, and loud enough for these purposes, I'm just getting it, I guess. ^^

It probably won't be loud enough. I really would recommend saving up a little more and getting something in the 300W range, for example, an Ashdown MAG would suit you well.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Once again, Ashdown.

Maybe I should just put "Certifiable Ashdown *****" in my signature again.
Ok, cheapest MAG I could find (combo) is http://www.thomann.de/nl/ashdown_magc115300.htm , but for an extra 150 I get http://www.thomann.de/nl/ashdown_mag_300h_bundle.htm . Methinks that's worth the extra 150. Am I right? ^^
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
I have that precise Ashdown, and believe me, it can run with a drumkit quite nicely, without the risk of overpowering it. If somewhere is miking the drums, you'll be DI'ed, and if not, well, if the audience can't hear the drums there's not a lot of point them being able to hear the bass.

The only objection I have to the Ashdown is the 1x15"...I'd have preferred 2x10", and you might feel that the sound on the high notes isn't as clear as you might wish, but that's a minor quibble.
Quote by bornfidelity
Ok, cheapest MAG I could find (combo) is http://www.thomann.de/nl/ashdown_magc115300.htm , but for an extra 150 I get http://www.thomann.de/nl/ashdown_mag_300h_bundle.htm . Methinks that's worth the extra 150. Am I right? ^^

I would say so.

The 4x10 is definately worth the extra £150.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
I would say so.

The 4x10 is definately worth the extra £150.

150eur, to be exact.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
As someone who's gigged 100W amps with PA support and without PA support just lemme tell you this, 100W with a PA is pretty easily done, it will work as a monitor for you and lets you hear yourself easier.

Without, it's a bitch, I had a school hall to fill with 250 people, it just didnt cut it.

I have a 300W amp atm, running it at 180W and its got much more headroom whenever I play.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
i got th e fender rumble 100 watt and its not a bad amp i giiged with it twice and now am getting an ashdown mag 600 and 4x10 so it wont do you justice just save up a bit more and if its in euro youll defintly get the mag combo 300 watt for a bit more

Good luck