I have been trying to download some torrents, and I don't get how the whole 'crack' thing works, because I've only downloaded smaller files like movies and music. I'm trying to download a computer game right now. I guess the answer might be in the torrent thread, but when I look through there, its just page after page of "I'll do something crazy and put it on YouTube for an invitation". Thanks for your help
Cracks usually come with programs or games in torrents. They can be patches that let you install things without cd's or bypass resgistration or they could be key generators that give you serial key's to register a product
There's usually instructions on the torrent's page.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
or a file called readme.txt or patch/crack.txt
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

If you're downloading a crack by itself, it'll probably be a .exe file and you'll have to replace the original .exe in the game with the new one.
*reportage*
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
I've heard people talking about moving all sorts of files around, like cracks. Don't you have to download some program to do something? It seems hard the way people talk about it.