I have a recent-model Peavey Bandit 112 that I use in the house for when I don't want to be too loud.

I'm getting a strange problem now: when I palm mute and play, the amp emits this horn-like booming bass sound. It's getting extremely annoying, and the sound shows up more frequently when the volume is higher.

I'm wondering, has anyone experienced a similar problem and fixed it? Is it fixable (like a speaker problem) or does it have to do with the amp itself?
Maybe you should play with your EQ a bit. Odds are it looks like a happy face. If it's a smiley, turn it into a frown. Even if that doesn't get rid of your problem, you'll sound better.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
more mids and treble less bass. or lower the bass side of your pickup a little bit. both would probably be even better.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Quote by ortrigger
more mids and treble less bass. or lower the bass side of your pickup a little bit. both would probably be even better.

Lowering the bass side pickup height helped immensely, it was definitely too high. It also seems that beyond the threshold of 1 o'clock that sound comes in on that amp. Problem fixed, thanks for the help
no problem. glad you got it fixed. bad tone/sound is always terrible to have.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive