HI, I've been teaching myself how to play for a couple of months now on an old acoustic of mine and my parents offered to buy me a electric. now Im still really new to all this so i dont really know what would be a good guitar for someone still learning. So my question is Whats a good electric guitar for a beginner ?
My price range is between 250 - 350$ Thanks.
Well, ibanez makes pretty decent guitars at that price range, so check those out, if you could go another hundred, i would try for an S series from them, they are well worth the money
I would save up some money and buy a Fender Standard Stratocaster. Great guitar. Very versatile.
"They say drinking can effect your decision making. They may be right, i can't decide."
If i was you I'd go with a schecter. It's good for the low price and probably the best quality guitar in that range of money you could get. I have a schecter blackhawk that i got for £150 and it's never let me down. It sounds good for different genres like old rock, metal, ska etc. So yeah go with a schecter
Play until your fingers bleed!! \m/
WOW YOUR RICH.
My first guitar was an epiphone les paul jr.
for 80$
What is your genre of music?
Quote by Eager&Confused
HI, I've been teaching myself how to play for a couple of months now on an old acoustic of mine and my parents offered to buy me a electric. now Im still really new to all this so i dont really know what would be a good guitar for someone still learning. So my question is Whats a good electric guitar for a beginner ?
My price range is between 250 - 350$ Thanks.

What kind of music are you into?
Im into pretty much everything but country and blues. i like metal/punk/alt all of it. so i guess im looking for something really versatile.
I agree with any of the Ibanez's.

I wouldn't bother with a Les Paul, personally.

EDIT:
Quote by Eager&Confused
Im into pretty much everything but country and blues. i like metal/punk/alt all of it. so i guess im looking for something really versatile.

Yeah, Ibanez would would be good, they're pretty much the most versatile guitars you can get (Hence why Steve Vai uses one) and you get a great player for less.
Last edited by -Collapse- at Apr 20, 2008,
suiqer VM strat or tele
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by Eager&Confused
I talked it over with my Dad and im getting the Ibanez jx40 package in one week, but i found this for cheaper and i still have some time to change my mind what do you all think about this. http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?ItemID=65814

I'd say the extra little bit spent would be worth it in the long run.
If I were back starting again with all I know about gear now, I'd get the Ibanez pack hands down.
Also, the pickup configuration would be more adaptable to your wide style, I'd say.
Everybody here is going to tell you that you should get the same type of guitar they have or they started with. It's natural, because obiously it will be the type of guitar they have the most experience with. However, what works for me/them/you will not necesarily be the same.

I suggest you troll the local music/pawn shops and play EVERYTHING in your price range and settle on what guitar feels best for you. $$$ is not the only consideration. For instance, a $300 Squier Strat may not give you the edgey sound you're looking for while a $150 Flying V copy might.

My best advise, explore all of your options, and leave no stone unturned.
Actually, I started on a First Act Strat and now I play a BC Rich. =P
So I'm not reall biased towards Ibanez, I just think It would be the best bet to enter electric on.

I'd also Like to point out http://rondomusic.com/
They have a lot of guitars in your price range that would still give you room to buy a little practice amp too.