Hi fellas. I'm in plans for a new amp. And so far, I've been looking at either a 5150, an Engl fireball or maybe even an Engl Screamer (combo). Here, they all cost roughly the same. I play mostly metal, very seldomly rock out to some Hellacopters or something and I almost never play clean.

So, which of these three would be teh shiat for de-tuned riffing? Leads really aren't my cup of tea. The amps rythm abilities is more important.

and, what cabs would be nice for the above amps if I want plenty of low-end? cab-wize, I can stretch to about 500 euros.

Of course I'm going to try'em before I buy them. I just want others opinions
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by davedoom
Fireball

but is that a mkIII there?

stick with that then matey

I'm not that fond of the sound from my mark, actually.

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
I also would say the fireball.

I have heard great things about ENGL, I really am thinking about getting one later as well.
2008 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Dean ML Select
Customized Schecter Omen-6
Taylor 214e
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960 cab
Cube 15
Vox Wah
Blues Driver BD-2

Quote by Chordzzz
can you fuсk it?

Quote by nebiru
Oh I will find a way.
Quote by AngerIsAGift06
listen to machine heads first album they got some insanely awesome tones outta their block 5150's

check out the engl clips here http://rocksolidamps.com/index.php?contain=playlist&mid=155

+1 They also used it on the Blackening which has an awesome guitar tone.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
i'd have thought it's a toss-up between the fireball and peavey...

just watch you aren't downgrading from your mark, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well I tried both, but I get the idea I was after a different sound that you are after now.

I went for the Fireball though. Just sounded a lot nicer to my ears. I can't remember what the Peavey sounded like but I didn't like it. The Fireball has a much better chug to it.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
either i like both

i play a 6505 and the other guitarist plays a fireball....i think the 5150 has a bit more grunt and the fireball has more a higher shreddy sound to it....just my opinion
Guitars:
LTD MHNT250 (Bare Knuckle Warpig in Bridge)
AMP/Cab:
Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960A Cab
Rack:
Korg DTR-1000 Rack Tuner
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
DBX 266 XL Compressor
Check out my band!:
Revenance
I'd really rather have the Fireball having finally played one.

I used to own a 5150 and after playing around with it for months could never get it to sound quite how I wanted so I sold it and got a Mark IV. They sound great recorded, but I just can't seem to get a sound I like out of them live.

The Fireball has a lot of gain but the clean channel is also nice and is a major plus for me, don't know if you really need cleans, but I like to have them just in case. People say it's only a death metal type amp, but it's more versatile than people give it credit for, add an OD and you're gtg for almost anything really.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
hmm, this really didn't help much I believe it's a 1½ hour trip to the guitar store then to sort some things out.

altough it sounds like the Fireball is the one to look for

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball