I've heard the 5150 combo, and it's exactly what I'm looking for. However, finding one is the problem. I seem to have more luck finding a 6505 combo in my price range, so I've started to consider getting that instead.

So what are the differences between the two? I hear great things about the 5150, then I hear the 6505 is the same thing from some people, and that it's a watered down version from others.

So, should I continue to search for the 5150, or buy the 6505?
They are the same amp, except Peavey was forced to change the name from 5150 to 6505 when van halen stopped using them, since 5150 is van halen's copyright thingy, they weren't allowed to call it the 5150 any more...
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
They are the same amp, except Peavey was forced to change the name from 5150 to 6505 when van halen stopped using them, since 5150 is van halen's copyright thingy, they weren't allowed to call it the 5150 any more...

I knew about that, but like I said, I heard some people say the 6505 is a watered down version of the 5150. I want to know if this is true, or just a biased opinion from 5150 owners.

Thanks though.
well the 5150 II and 6505+ have less gain than the 5150 and 6505, so maybe they were talking about that? if not, then yes its probably people who are too elitist to admit that their old amp is still being made or something...who knows
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
5150 and 6505 sound the same. But you should get a BBE Sonic Maximizer 422 to get more low end and clean up the sound.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
The 5150 and 6505 are the exact same amp. They might use some different parts in the 6505 because the older parts aren't available anymore or something, but they're still the same amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by InanezGuitars44
well the 5150 II and 6505+ have less gain than the 5150 and 6505

An even then, the difference is negligable - the only real difference in terms of the lead channel and the II/+ versions is that it's a LITTLE less aggressive.

They're both the same amp dude, go with whatever.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia