Page 1 of 5
I love 'em.

Check them out.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
They're very good, can't wait for Asian Man Tour to see them.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
I hope I can make it up there for that. I mean, the Queers, Lemuria, and Andrew Jackson Jihad??? It doesn't get much better than that.

Plus I'd get to meet my UG friends.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
That would be really cool, it's going to be an awesome show.
Can't say I'm much of a fan. Have a couple of releases by them and don't mind them but at one point everywhere seemed to go mad about them and I just couldn't get the fuss.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Can't wait to see them on the asian man tour.
brnh.bandcamp.com
I saw them with the ergs! I do like em a bit.
Quote by Td_Nights
Is this code for inviting your friends to a circle-jerk?

"We want a band that plays loud and hard every night. And doesn't care how many people counted at the door."
Quote by element4433
I hope I can make it up there for that. I mean, the Queers, Lemuria, and Andrew Jackson Jihad??? It doesn't get much better than that.

Plus I'd get to meet my UG friends.

this is a totally old post, but I'm STILL pissed about missing that when it came here. haha.
anyway...Lemuria rocks so hard it hurts a little. I hope I'll be able to see them sometime in my life, if bigger Chicago venues ever shape up and stop making 17+ shows.

My opinion still stands that songs on the First Collection are better than Get Better...but I'm starting to like a few more songs on Get Better now. Some of them are just so disappointingly boring!
Quote by molly bee
this is a totally old post, but I'm STILL pissed about missing that when it came here. haha.
anyway...Lemuria rocks so hard it hurts a little. I hope I'll be able to see them sometime in my life, if bigger Chicago venues ever shape up and stop making 17+ shows.

My opinion still stands that songs on the First Collection are better than Get Better...but I'm starting to like a few more songs on Get Better now. Some of them are just so disappointingly boring!

I only have Get Better.

Completely off topic, but I think you kinda know my girlfriend from PRD
Quote by molly bee

I didn't go either

I also agree with you for the most part, but the songs that are good on Get Better are miles ahead of the songs on First Collection. Mechanical might be the best song ever recorded. Dog/Dogs are both great as well.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I only have Get Better, and I have to say I'm not the biggest fan. Yeah they're good, but I like my pop punk to have a little bit more punk in it than this.

"Pants" and "Wardrobe" are my favorite songs from the album, but they just sound like rock songs to me... I'm not even sure why Lemuria is considered pop punk...
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Wardrobe sucks.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

You suck!
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
You suck!
That's not true!

And Wardrobe is one of the songs that leave me saying "Why? Did they really think that sounded good?"

The others are: Yesterday's Lunch, Lipstick (sometimes, others I like it), and Hawaiian T-Shirt.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
I only have Get Better, and I have to say I'm not the biggest fan. Yeah they're good, but I like my pop punk to have a little bit more punk in it than this.

"Pants" and "Wardrobe" are my favorite songs from the album, but they just sound like rock songs to me... I'm not even sure why Lemuria is considered pop punk...

I agree. I wouldn't mind them to have a little more punk in em.
You guys would probably like the First Collection.

and they seem to play the songs a bit faster live.

http://www.ifyoumakeit.com/video/lemuria/the-origamists/
http://www.ifyoumakeit.com/video/lemuria/fingers/
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Last edited by element4433 at Jan 29, 2009,
Quote by element4433
That's not true!

And Wardrobe is one of the songs that leave me saying "Why? Did they really think that sounded good?"

The others are: Yesterday's Lunch, Lipstick (sometimes, others I like it), and Hawaiian T-Shirt.

Agreed...I like the end of lipstick, but the music is sooo boring and the lyrics are lacking so much. The end is the only interesting part of the song.
I don't know, maybe I need to give Get Better another real try, because I usually just skip around to Pants and Dog/Dogs. The bad songs are so distracting.
Quote by molly bee
Agreed...I like the end of lipstick, but the music is sooo boring and the lyrics are lacking so much. The end is the only interesting part of the song.
I don't know, maybe I need to give Get Better another real try, because I usually just skip around to Pants and Dog/Dogs. The bad songs are so distracting.
You don't listen to Fingers and Mechanical? I think those are two of their best.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by molly bee

Lipstick and Buzz are my two least favorites on the album.
Quote by Love_Buzz
Lipstick and Buzz are my two least favorites on the album.

Then how do you explain your username???
Yeah, Buzz is pretty awful.
I don't know Collin, like I said...I gotta give the album a real shot. I've admittedly only listened to it all the way through several times; I'm still hung up on First Collection so most of the time I'd rather listen to that than album where I have to skip around a lot.
Quote by garrett5
I long for the chance to see Lemuria Live!

They seem to play a ton of shows around here and on the East coast. I've only seen them once, but if I had a ride I could have been at like 4 or 5 of their shows. Hopefully you'll get to see them soon.
What a fun band. The split with The Ergs! is great and I'm definetly going to get one of their full lengths soon.
I had the opportunity to see them twice and was unable to both times, which resulted in horrible sulking for the rest of those days.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
I had the opportunity to see them twice and was unable to both times, which resulted in horrible sulking for the rest of those days.

=[

That sucks

Empathy post! Missing a Lemuria show is up pretty high on the "Crappy events" list, I would say..

I'm currently awaiting Get Better to arrive via trusty the trusty postal service. Hopefully it arrives soon.
Epic bump.

I saw them in a basement last night. Such a great live band.
brnh.bandcamp.com
I saw that earlier. Weird. But at least we get a new album!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Yeah, that's beyond ridiculous.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I guess they're trying to expand their sound. B9 that is, hopefully not Lemuria.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Page 1 of 5