Page 2 of 5
B9 is terrible for the most part.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I'm not sure who they have outside of PiB, Polar Bear Club, and Crime in Stereo. And now Lemuria. But I like all those bands.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
A bunch of old hardcore bands that suck now like H2O and stuff like that.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Yeah I read over their artist page. It's weird to go from Agnostic Front, H20, Defeater, Sick of it All, etc. to Lemuria. At least their name fits in. If I had never heard of Lemuria before, and never saw a picture of them, I could see them being a band of five guys singing songs about unity with a breakdown or two.

Also, New Found Glory??? I thought they were on Epitaph or one of those labels.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Yeah I read over their artist page. It's weird to go from Agnostic Front, H20, Defeater, Sick of it All, etc. to Lemuria. At least their name fits in. If I had never heard of Lemuria before, and never saw a picture of them, I could see them being a band of five guys singing songs about unity with a breakdown or two.

Also, New Found Glory??? I thought they were on Epitaph or one of those labels.

NFG released one album with b9. It was their split with ISHC.
Also, I love B9. Ceremony, Verse, Ruiner, Defeater, Crime in Stereo, Cruel Hand, Paint it Black, Strike Anywhere. It's definitely a good label.
Quote by saxaxe
NFG released one album with b9. It was their split with ISHC.
Also, I love B9. Ceremony, Verse, Ruiner, Defeater, Crime in Stereo, Cruel Hand, Paint it Black, Strike Anywhere. It's definitely a good label.
Oh yeah. I forgot that split existed.

I don't listen to any modern hardcore (outside of PiB), so I don't know 95% of those bands.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Oh yeah. I forgot that split existed.

I don't listen to any modern hardcore (outside of PiB), so I don't know 95% of those bands.

If you did, you'd agree with him.

In my opinion the label is about 5% great stuff, 20% good stuff and 75% unlistenable junk.

Which I guess is still better than a lot of labels.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
B9 is terrible for the most part.

No way.

Mother of Mercy
Foundation
Ruiner
Paint it Black
Soul Control
Cruel Hand
Ceremony

Far from the best label in hardcore, but still got some strong artists.
Quote by Manos15
No way.

Mother of Mercy
Foundation
Ruiner
Paint it Black
Soul Control
Cruel Hand
Ceremony

Far from the best label in hardcore, but still got some strong artists.

Yeah, my other post clarified that a little
I still think they're a bad label, but they've gotten exponentially better recently.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
never listened to this band, just saw the thread randomly while going through the forums, but I have a question?

did they name the band after the city in the Golden Sun game? or am I just being a nerd?
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by nashawa
Yeah, my other post clarified that a little
I still think they're a bad label, but they've gotten exponentially better recently.

Yea, as far as "big" hardcore labels go I'd say Deathwish is on top.
My thoughts exactly.

Quote by romencer17
never listened to this band, just saw the thread randomly while going through the forums, but I have a question?

did they name the band after the city in the Golden Sun game? or am I just being a nerd?

No, Lemuria is a "lost" continent in the Indian Ocean that's been proven to have never actually existed.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Apr 20, 2010,
Quote by nashawa
No, Lemuria is a "lost" continent in the Indian Ocean that's been proven to have never actually existed.

Really? that's very interesting. In the game Lemuria was a fabled lost city in the middle of the ocean that was very hard to find.

Never figured they based it off something real.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
I'm so excited for their new album. More excited than I've been for an album in a long time. Their preview ep is super good. "Chautauqua County" should be in a car commercial or something.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Sick bump bro! Where can I hear this preview?
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by element4433
I'm so excited for their new album. More excited than I've been for an album in a long time. Their preview ep is super good. "Chautauqua County" should be in a car commercial or something.

That song is super catchy.

I came across these guys while ordering the new Defeater EP from the b9 site. If I end up liking this album I might just buy that too.
The album leaked and is pretty good.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I've had Get Better for a few weeks now, fell in love with it really quickly. Just so fun to listen to while riding around campus.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
I've had Get Better for a few weeks now, fell in love with it really quickly. Just so fun to listen to while riding around campus.

Their last album, Pebble, is slower but just as good. It's easily my second favorite album this year after P.S. Eliot's new one.
Pepple is better than Sadie, but Sit Resist by Laura Stevenson and the Cans are better than both.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Alright, getting Pebble. If I remember, I'll listen to it after I listen to Deconstruction again.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Same. They're my third most listened to band of the week, apparently. I've been listening to The First Collection a ton because "Bristles and Whiskers" is one of my favorite songs. I just listen to the whole album whenever I want to listen to that one song.

Going to listen to Pebble now.
Their voices work so well together, and everytime I listen to them I get a sort of 90s grunge vibe, does anyone else?
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
That's weird. I get a sort of an emo feeling. Although that's to be expected, since the emo influence is pretty obvious on some songs.
Despite how much I love a lot of the songs on first collections, I still haven't listened to Get Better or Pebbles aside from a few songs. I should really get on that.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Get Better > Pebbles

(slightly)
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Their side of the Ergs split has my two favorite songs. it was really sad when they played w/ the souls for home for the holidays. Leftover Crack was originally on the lineup, so most of the crowd just stood and stared while they played, missed all of their set save Mechanical and Pants
I'm listening to Get Better for the first time now. I'm only on the second song and I've already heard Pants but I'm enjoying it so far.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
It has some stinkers on it, but "Mechanical" (the last song) more than makes up for any shortfalls on the rest of the album.
Quote by InstantAXonHero
Their voices work so well together, and everytime I listen to them I get a sort of 90s grunge vibe, does anyone else?
I'd say more whatever you want to call Superchunk, The Lemonheads, etc.

90's alt pop?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by InstantAXonHero

Nineties indie rock, really. If you check out their influences, it all starts to make much more sense:

The Wipers

Archers of Loaf

The Lemonheads

Superchunk
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA