Page 1 of 4
I am about to graduate high school and i have conlcluded that i want to go to the military after high school.

i have one conflict: i dont know if i am tough enough for the marines.

i could do the physical part i mean it would be really tough and hard but i would manage i am just more concerned about the physcological part.
i am not really a leader. i also think that if a d.i. came into me i would break down.

i have alot of good skills though.
i am really good at repairing and building, computer stuff,exc.
engineering kind of stuff.
is there alot of that in the marines?

i know i would make it in the army but could i take the next step up?
i know i have to decide that for myself but do you have to havethe killer mentality to be in the marines?
Join the army, be a man.
Join the navy, do a man.

Assuming the navy and the marines are the same thing, I have no idea.
Druugs. 4/20
R E G G A E
Needs a poll.

I have no idea, really. I'll say army simply because my dad was in it.

Marines.

you can be part of the "few and proud"
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
the great family guy quote

Lois: Now the marines... there the guys you wanna ****
Army, it's pretty much involves no combat, but you get to use an learn new skills, like the ones you posses.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Navy!
They have their own song.
Plus, you can sail the seven seas, and put your mind at ease.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Marines is far better.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Whatever you do, don't join the military for college tuition.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by HUNYeti
make love not war

Make Music Not Misslies

I want one of thse cool sloganed shirts :P
in the marines pretty much every job requires some sort of gun. usually m-16 wit or witout the shel thingy mabober(forgot wut u call it). in the army u might not get to ever touch a gun or use one. in the army itz a lot less gun-ish <--if u wanna call it that. they are both important tho so itz your choice.
Quote by Jesusluvsyou
in the marines pretty much every job requires some sort of gun. usually m-16 wit or witout the shel thingy mabober(forgot wut u call it). in the army u might not get to ever touch a gun or use one. in the army itz a lot less gun-ish <--if u wanna call it that. they are both important tho so itz your choice.

might wanna look up ypur information first before you post.
the army doesnt see combat or touch guns?
okkkkk....
Marines!

SAS would be cool, though...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
join the army and become a ranger.

the marines openly admitted that the rangers are better than the marines.
I'm joining the military soon as well and I wish us Canadians had some mo f0ckin Marines!
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Marines or Navy.

I just got back from a 3 day trip at a Marine Corp. base and it was epic.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
marines are pretty much the toughest of the branches..untill you go into like green berets and navy seals...now those...those are men...but yeah marines is for tough people...really tough people..but if you enlist in any branch right NOW, your prly going to die dude
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
theres a lot of engineering in the USMC. i was thinking about being a USMC engineer. i would go with the marine corps if i were you. thats just my personal preference. they have really pulled off some impossible objectives
Quote by RyanGillam
You got to admire people that share their problems over the internet.

Quote by Våd Hamster
....You need a girlfriend whose name doesn't end in .jpg >_>
Quote by Kensai
Marines!

SAS would be cool, though...

I did a little bored research on the SAS, and you can't join them straight into joining the army. You need to have been in the armed forces for three years minimum and endure a hard course, of which you only get a maximum of two attempts at in your lifetime; some people only get the one if they fail.
This page gives the necessary information on joining the SAS, and hell is it tough.
Quote by Stilken
I did a little bored research on the SAS, and you can't join them straight into joining the army. You need to have been in the armed forces for three years minimum and endure a hard course, of which you only get a maximum of two attempts at in your lifetime; some people only get the one if they fail.

Yeah I know, I just thought it would be cool.

If my research is correct you get to go on chernobyl missions and save the world ^^
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Yeah I know, I just thought it would be cool.

If my research is correct you get to go on chernobyl missions and save the world ^^

The SAS would be cool, don't get me wrong. Chernobyl would be a great place to go on exercise.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Whatever you do, don't join the military for college tuition.

Why not? Uncle Sam picked up my $40k + tuition.

Quote by Jesusluvsyou

Orly? How long were you a girl scout?

Quote by hmblm12
join the army and become a ranger.

the marines openly admitted that the rangers are better than the marines.

Marines don't admit anything. They're not smart enough to know they are wrong.
Quote by Morning_Star53
If u wanna have proper training join the marines

After basic the Marines rely on the Navy or Army for the rest of their training.

Quote by CFH82
Marines or Navy.

I just got back from a 3 day trip at a Marine Corp. base and it was epic.

Ya but are you walking funny?

Quote by bi-ah!
marines are pretty much the toughest of the branches..untill you go into like green berets and navy seals...now those...those are men...but yeah marines is for tough people...really tough people..but if you enlist in any branch right NOW, your prly going to die dude

Ya ok. Whatever you say.

TS I have never met a jarhead I didn't feel compelled to poke fun at. Army ftw.
(And all jarheads are free to poke fun at me. They earned as much right as I have. )
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
My brother is joining the marines and he's the weakest peice of crap in the world, mentally and physically.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
I'm going to attempt a helpful answer here. My older sister's ex-boyfriend joined the marines. There were guys that had been through Army boot camp and they said the Marine's training was much more rigorous, he said he'd heard people say that Army Ranger training was much easier than what the Marines are put through. Of course keep in mind I heard all this from a Marine and they're very proud of their own branch of the military, so take it with a grain of salt. Anyway, this guy went into an electricial engineering speciality after initial training, so yes, the Marines do offer a lot of different areas to serve in.

You can specialize in a lot of areas, my advice is to go talk to Army and Marine recruiters at their respective recruiting offices and make a decision after you've heard what each side has had to say. Sure, they're going to do their best to make their service sound awesome, but they can't lie about the field specialties that you're allowed to go into, I suggest you use that to help you make your decision.

Oh, and good luck with whatever branch you choose.
Quote by J-Spoon
I did a forward roll into a backflip, caught the les paul and blasted out a face melting version of stairway to intimidate this mentally retarted kid on life support in a wheelchair that was trying to play it through an MG. What a loser.
Quote by All_Bodies
I am about to graduate high school and i have conlcluded that i want to go to the military after high school.

i could do the physical part i mean it would be really tough and hard but i would manage i am just more concerned about the physcological part.
i am not really a leader. i also think that if a d.i. came into me i would break down.

i know i have to decide that for myself but do you have to havethe killer mentality to be in the marines?

Personally I would say USMC, they are under the department of the Navy, however they are considered a completely separate branch. Marines are separated from the Army in that they are much, much tougher and when a conflict arises it is the Marines who are the first to deploy and the first to see action. If I were you though, I would take 2-4 years of college before you join that way you can become an officer and make a career of your enlistment so you don't get stuck with the low E's who are essentially all (sorry, but it's true) mexican/black/other who are in desperate need of money and honestly could care less about the Corps, they're scum. As for the psychological part, if you've ever seen Full Metal Jacket, it's not like that any more unfortunately. There have been rules set now which ban any gunnery or drill instructor from physically hitting and they are "supposed" to keep the "mean" words to a minimum. That's not saying that they won't, but consider it toughening you up, they do it for your own good so you can learn to cope with stress and intensity.
When and if you join, don't worry about not knowing things, they will essentially re-teach you everything you need to know and build you the way they see perfect.
Also, they can teach you how to fire a rifle straighter and more consistent than the Army ever will, one shot, one kill. BCT (Basic Combat Training, or boot camp) is 12 weeks for the USMC and then it can range from a 3 months to more after that depending on the MOS you choose (Military Occupational Specialty, your job).
To get ready for this, make sure you can do a lot of jogging and running and practice some humping (get a rucksack/backpack and fill it with about 20-30lbs of sand and go hiking). Don't worry about being a "leader", worry about knowing how to take orders and learn from your CO (Commanding Officer) and if you feel you can become an officer one day, then you'll go to Officer Candidate School. Or you could go to college at Annapolis, there's quite a few choices.
If you want an MOS that deals with computers/technology than I would suggest a career in either the Navy or Air Force. Visit a recruiter and get some brochures and pamphlets and so forth, ask questions and they'll be able to answer. However, DO NOT be completely convinced by them, they will say A LOT to get you to join and A LOT of it is just very sketchy/won't happen stuff. When you decide what you want to do make sure you get it all written and guaranteed on paper before you even think about signing.
Anything else?
There's one way to find out if you can't do it. Go the marines, if you can't handle it then go to the army. I'm going to the army when I finish school in november
Quote by fretsonfire74
There's one way to find out if you can't do it. Go the marines, if you can't handle it then go to the army. I'm going to the army when I finish school in november

Do NOT listen to this guy. Once you make your choice, you are signed on for 4 years. You can't just say "Nah, I don't like it here, I'm out" you are making a long term commitment that you cannot break.
Don't worry, the army will still take you if you fail boot camp.
The army is like girl scouts compared to the Corps.
Quote by franksg99
Don't worry, the army will still take you if you fail boot camp.
The army is like girl scouts compared to the Corps.

No, they won't. If you fail USMC BCT or are unfit then you are placed into a program to help you lose weight and meet the requirements. The Army is not like girl scouts compared to the corps, they are however not as rigorous in their requirements.
Please do not post if you have no idea what you're talking about.
Quote by All_Bodies

This typo made me smile.....
Army Infantry and Marines are the exact same thing basically. Don't let anyone fool you.
I am the Infantry.
If you want to be babied and pampered, go to the army.
If you want to be a man and deal with real preparation for war, do the right thing and pick Marines.
Page 1 of 4