well anyway im lookin forward to thursday...

normally playin through a marshall mg30dfx and boss gt3 so hopefully ill be in for bit of a treat.

plan on gettin a dual rectifier 2 channel when one eventually pops up. cabs got the vintage 30's in so its all good.

ive heard the peavey 6505 is a one trick pony but thats fine im not really a clean channel user but obviously an amp that does everything well would be great.

anyway this is my first post just wondered what people think of my new set up....

this is the best guitar site on the net No Contest!!!!

oh yeah... lastly do the peaveys only do thrash hardcore style distortion or will it do papa roach linkin park type ok aswell?? obviously the price had an influence when i bit the bullet and bought it...
own;
peavey 6505
marshall 1960av cab
esp ltd ec1000 18V M0D
schecter black hawk
prs standard 24 platinum grey
ibanez aeg10e acoustic

want;
dual rectifier 3 channel head
prs custom 24
tremonti se (duncan p/ups)
schecter tempest (red)
buy a noise gate.

now.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
The Peavey should handle just about any type of music that you play through it. It is more geared towards high gain, however.

And + 1 to the noise gate. They come in handy all the time. I'm getting one soon.

EDIT: Sorry, mate! Forgot to congratulate you on your new gear!

Congrats man! That is definately an upgrade from the MG. I used an MG50 for a year or two, then realized how bad it was (thanks to this site. Anyone remember that thread?).

--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Apr 20, 2008,
I know I've been guilty of buying before trying but I've never bought a cab + head without trying. I hope you like it...!
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Excellent
I would recommend an EQ pedal for the FX loop and an ISP Decimator/G-String to clear it up a bit as that is a noisy combo!
Very nice though, and yeah, it can do slightly lighter stuff quite well too.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia