So I need some new strings for my Stingray V, the one's it came with are far too heavy for my liking, so I'm looking for a good set of Hybrids, without really breaking the budget so, not more that £30 really
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkies are always a good choice, and a great price too. Sound good with Stingers in my experience.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Rotosound SwingBass 66.

^ +1
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Rotosound SwingBass 66.

Actually, I'd try Rotosound Swing Bass 665.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
<.<
>.>

...I'd... go with the Rotosound 66's. Yup.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

Dr
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
DR hi beams 40-60-80-100-120 just for your liking.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by WhyLater
Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkies are always a good choice, and a great price too. Sound good with Stingers in my experience.

These are what I'm currently using on my bass. WhyLater flip-flopped on me though so I better go get some Rotosounds.
Quote by KwikKopy
These are what I'm currently using on my bass. WhyLater flip-flopped on me though so I better go get some Rotosounds.

Nah! Keep those Slinkies on! I'm keeping mine on! That way, we can stick it to these Rotosound-using elitist scumbags together!

I just didn't want to be alone...

(That's right I called you elitist scumbags.)

[runs away]
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

Quote by WhyLater
Nah! Keep those Slinkies on! I'm keeping mine on! That way, we can stick it to these Rotosound-using elitist scumbags together!

I just didn't want to be alone...

(That's right I called you elitist scumbags.)

[runs away]

I may be an elitist, and I may be a scumbag, but I am NOT Rotosound-usi... erm, nevermind.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I have rotosounds on my fender and squier and hybrid slinkies on my sterling. After switching back and forth between my basses I really prefer the feel of slinkies. Since you have a stingray I say go for some slinkies
Just going to throw Warwick strings into the mix. Very long life, a well balenced response and a touch of growl.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
So far I'm thinking of going with the EB strings, I have some Swing 66's on my Yamaha, so I wanna try somthing differant
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by DanielQ
I'm so jealous...

I am too, except for that pickguard.

Go with Ernie Ball Hyrbid Slinkies, TS.
GHS BOOMERS

G-H-S BASS BOOMERS are some of the best strings out there. lots don't like them but they really sound and feel great. barring that, the d'addario XL nickelwounds are a good safe choice.
^Don't Boomers last like 15 seconds?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
No I believe GHS Boomers go dead right out of the package, as soon as you uncoil them.

EBs are good, but if you are used to Rotos, EBs also have a shorter life as well. I used to go through a set in about 4 weeks in daily play.