im really triyng to get that "saxophone" tone for me lead playing and cant really nail it...
a good example is this vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmUeZkr9H4k

which its worth a full watch BTW...

im playing a PRS SE through a cube 60... and i have the basic pedals... boss dist... tremolo... etc.

i know the gear is not perfect, and im not going to get exactly what I want but a good aproximation will do.

ANY help is appreciated.
Hey Charlie Hunter is awesome. You might get the sames tones, but the thing about sax (and horns in general) is the phrasing. Just listen to some jazz players and hear where they take breaths or create tension. also if you want to sound like charlie hunter, go to his website, it shows all the gear he uses and has used.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
yeah... ill have to work more on my phrasing then... i just want that "feel" of the guitar speaking...

thnx anyway
Quote by just17n8
yeah... ill have to work more on my phrasing then... i just want that "feel" of the guitar speaking...

thnx anyway
It's real difficult. I almost acheived a charlie-parker sounding thing where I played a minor arpeggio with b5's and M3's added and I gave it a swing triplet feel. It lasted for half a second before I lost it . I find it really hard swinging an arpeggio in my improv.