im probobly going to get a valveking, and i found a used one for 800 at same ash (entire half stack). i plan to bargain with the guy for less, but it is a 2005, and i was wondering if anybody knows about the specific years of this amp. Were there any changes made between 2005 and now to it? i just want to know if it would be worth it to buy a new one. also i was looking at a 600$ b-52 head, i play progressive and rock and stuff lke that, is that better than the valveking and worth the extra money?
for prog I'd go Valveking. Covers a lot more areas than the B-52 will.

Valveking gets pretty heavy, and has really good cleans.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
hmmm $800 for a USED halve stack, new they are $900. if your concerned about it being 3 years old get a new one instead. If you can try out the b-52 side by side with the peavey and see which one you like best. That being said dude get a combo, I have the VK212 and its pretty heavy, now imagine hauling a head and cab around to gigs. Trust me just get the combo and plus u have about $300 bucks left to buy in accessories or new pups. just my 2cents
Gear:
Ibanez Artcore AM73
Carlo-Robelli Acoustic (first guitar)
Peavey VaveKing 212
BOSS GE-7
BOSS Super Chorus CH-1
buy the 112
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by ekord123
i need a stack

why?
i like the AT Series a lot more than the valveking.
i think the cleans on the VK are marginally better but the distortion on the AT is better and has more gain in my opinion.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Ignore the combo love in here. If you want a halfstack, get a halfstack.

Want > Need

In before "HE'LL NEVER EVEN GET TO CRANK IT (//_o)"
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance