So I'm planning on buying a new amp and for what people tell me the peavey classic has a really good tone for classic rock kind of stuff but I currently don't have the money to buy one and I've heard that the peavey valveking is also good and not bad for metal ( which is not my main thing but I like to play it from time to time).
So my question is should I wait and save for the classic or buy the valveking and I don't really now allot about tube amps so if I plugged an overdrive pedal to the valveking would it better it's tone?
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by virtuosowannabe at Apr 20, 2008,
If you love classic rock as much as I do, save up for the PV C30. Which I'm currently doing at the moment.
play both if you can at the store, side by side and see which is fits your tone, which one you like the best and make your decision on that.
If you were to plug a overdrive pedal you will just get more distortion, i would only do that if you want a really metal sound.
Gear:
Ibanez Artcore AM73
Carlo-Robelli Acoustic (first guitar)
Peavey VaveKing 212
BOSS GE-7
BOSS Super Chorus CH-1
But is the valveking good? because the store is waiting for both amps so I'd like to have a pretty good idea what to do because if it's to start saving I should start right now and I'd like some feedback on both amps.
i like my valveking it gives me great cleans, good overdrive channel, the feature that i liked the best was that it is very versatile. i really don't have 1 style of music i play and i wanted an amp that would sound great for just about any style of music. Thus me having my valveking.
here check this vid out, its by peavey.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dD7EoehgpsA
Gear:
Ibanez Artcore AM73
Carlo-Robelli Acoustic (first guitar)
Peavey VaveKing 212
BOSS GE-7
BOSS Super Chorus CH-1