Okay, I submitted a PERFECT, COMPLETE TAB, I think on Friday, maybe Thursday. I spent probably 5 hours just listening to the same song over and over, tabbing it all out by ear. I tabbed everything for both guitars. Then on Saturday, I get an email saying that it was rejected. I'm completely saying W.T.F. over and over.

=====
The email says:
As you know, we have a tab pre-approval system in place, where UG users can vote for tabs that was submitted to the archive. Moreover, there could be more reasons for tab deletion such as:

- We have a similar tab in the archives
- There are too many versions of the tab already
- It was inaccurate or not formatted
- It was intro or solo tab while we already have tabs for the whole song
=====

None of this applies to my tab. SO MY QUESTION IS:

WHY DOESN'T IT POST A LINK TO MY TAB, SO I CAN SEE WHAT THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED ON MY TAB SAID? This is absolutely a must-have. You can't just reject my tab and then not let me see why.
Quote by Goad
WHY DOESN'T IT POST A LINK TO MY TAB, SO I CAN SEE WHAT THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED ON MY TAB SAID? This is absolutely a must-have. You can't just reject my tab and then not let me see why.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65 (site suggestions)

And as for your tab, get over it (no offense ) You're not the only person whose tab got rejected...
What song were u trying to put up?
I once tried the same thing. I got the same message.
Does that song you are tabbing have other various tabs already posted on here?
Idk, send it in again i suppose.
I Love PRS \m/
There is something weird about this system, they say they don't approve bad tabs, but on UG, I've found terrible tabs that were approved, while I've posted some that were pretty good and rejected... I just don't get it either.
Quote by Hybridtheory941
What song were u trying to put up?
I once tried the same thing. I got the same message.
Does that song you are tabbing have other various tabs already posted on here?
Idk, send it in again i suppose.

Point proved, you're not the only one
"out of curiosity, what song was it?"
The song was a b-side by the band "Clinic" - it's available as a free download with one of their new singles on their website.

===
"Does that song you are tabbing have other various tabs already posted on here?"
Nope.

===
But still, they should also give the link to tab so we can see exactly why it was rejected. I guess I'll submit again. I have it saved in Microsoft Word.
Quote by Goad
But still, they should also give the link to tab so we can see exactly why it was rejected. I guess I'll submit again. I have it saved in Microsoft Word.

It is either an error on UG. If i were u, id send that thing over and over and over again till its on this site.
I Love PRS \m/
Quote by Hybridtheory941
It is either an error on UG. If i were u, id send that thing over and over and over again till its on this site.

Yeah, that's what I plan on doing.
Quote by Goad

While your tab is waiting to be voted on by UG'ers (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/home/approval_queue.php) it shows you there comments. They have to submit a comment if they vote to reject it.

And I don 't think the link will work unless you have submitteed at least 3 tabs. (seriously)
Quote by O-52-A-50-R
While your tab is waiting to be voted on by UG'ers (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/home/approval_queue.php) it shows you there comments. They have to submit a comment if they vote to reject it.

And I don 't think the link will work unless you have submitteed at least 3 tabs. (seriously)

Yeah I know that, but I can't be online checking my tab's status 24/7 (I'm pretty sure this applies to other people as well). And I don't think people get an email when there is a vote on their Tab. We should, if we don't. There should also be a section for rejected Tabs, and they should at least stay there for 48 hours. But TBH I'd rather we get an email for the exact reason of rejection.
Quote by Goad
Yeah I know that, but I can't be online checking my tab's status 24/7 (I'm pretty sure this applies to other people as well). And I don't think people get an email when there is a vote on their Tab. We should, if we don't. There should also be a section for rejected Tabs, and they should at least stay there for 48 hours. But TBH I'd rather we get an email for the exact reason of rejection.

Once again:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65

And the thing about leaving the tabs there for 48 hours would totally fail. There would be too many tabs in the database.

EDIT: I agree with you though, that the emails should include the comments of why it got rejected. (That's why I think you should post something in site suggestions.)
Last edited by O-52-A-50-R at Apr 20, 2008,

maybe that was it idk tho
Gibson Faded SG

Line 6 spider III 75 watt
Quote by duncanxdonuts

maybe that was it idk tho

Nope. Mine would've been the first.
I hope mines not rejected... it's Mary Jane's Last Dance solo...
If you like Blues/Rock then add me as a friend. I need to talk to some Blues/Rock Musicians and need reccomendations.
Quote by Goad
None of this applies to my tab. SO MY QUESTION IS:

You'll stand a much great chance of getting more information from UG staff by editing your OP in this thread.

I suggest dropping the capital "shouting" as well as the attitude. As a point of fact, they can reject your tab and not let you see why, if they choose to. This is a privately owned site. The Admin can set any rules or policies they deem fit, whether through logic, or by whim. They have all the power. You have none. Start with that mindset when requesting information, and you'll be more likely to get an answer, rather than having the staff just dismiss you as a nuisance.

Good luck,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Hybridtheory941

That's a great way of not getting it approved.

By a rule of thumb, you should only resubmit a tab if Dyuha, emad, Greg Harper, keifermatot (I know I've spelt that wrongly, and have I missed anyone out?) or I say so.

TS, take it to this thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=816400

EDIT: It would help if you uploaded the tab in that thread, so we can find out why it was rejected or if it was just a mistake that got it rejected
Last edited by buckethead_jr at Apr 21, 2008,
Quote by buckethead_jr
That's a great way of not getting it approved.

By a rule of thumb, you should only resubmit a tab if Dyuha, emad, Greg Harper, keifermatot (I know I've spelt that wrongly, and have I missed anyone out?) or I say so.

TS, take it to this thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=816400

EDIT: It would help if you uploaded the tab in that thread, so we can find out why it was rejected or if it was just a mistake that got it rejected

I Love PRS \m/