Poll: Which do you get most upset over?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which do you get most upset over?
Humans
71 38%
Animals
117 62%
Voters: 189.
Page 1 of 3
Inspired by the "You Cry, You Lose" thread and my cat.

Which do you get more upset over, animal related things or human related things?

For example:

Human being beaten or dog being beaten?

I know it's not the same in all circumstances, but in general, which do you find more upsetting?
Animals. I don't know why, but It just makes me sad.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
If an animal is hurt for no specific reason, I'd feel more upset for the animals.
Although,
If a human is KILLED, I'd feel more upset for the humans.
If the human is neither related to me nor has done anything to benefit my existence, then I will be more upset about dog being beaten.

Humans are glorified apes to begin with. So we ARE ****ing animals.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
Animals, if I don't know the human personally.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Humans.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by CorvetteRick
TV and video games have only desensitized me to human related violence.
Shoot a dude in the eye, chop off his arm whatever... not even a flinch
Kick a dog and I die inside

This.
Oh, so this isn't about sexual habits ...

>_>

<_<

Yeah, a dog being beaten up is really sad, unless it's a pitbull that has just attacked someone.
i think its so werid. People are fascinated with violence and go and watch movies like Saw and are entertained by torture. Imagine if Saw was with animals, there would be so much **** about it, people would be protesting, PETA would go beserk, but no one cares that humans die.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Um...humans.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Animals Humans usually but...

Children > Animals
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
depends. if its human beating human vs dog beating dog, i'd feel sorrier for the human.

but mostly a +1 to CorvetteRick.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Humans, of course.

Some of us actually have compassion for the human race rather than buying into that whole "zomgz human r so cruel just look at this and that war n the animalz tey never hrm eachother" like the animal kingdom is one big fucking disney movie with laughs and long walks into the sunset holding hands at the end of every fucking day... If animals had the technology and intelligence we do you can bet your sweet asses they'll do stupid things.

If I saw a baby and an animal in the street dying I'd save the baby first. Honestly I don't see how anyone could choose the animal...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
The reason why so many people baww over animals in pain is because they see the innocence in them.

Rather than saying humans vs. animals, make it human babies vs. animals. That way, both have the innocent image.
Quote by Yeti60
i think its so werid. People are fascinated with violence and go and watch movies like Saw and are entertained by torture. Imagine if Saw was with animals, there would be so much **** about it, people would be protesting, PETA would go beserk, but no one cares that humans die.

+1

I don't understand it (although I do love the Saw series).
Quote by Archaon
The reason why so many people baww over animals in pain is because they see the innocence in them.

Rather than saying humans vs. animals, make it human babies vs. animals. That way, both have the innocent image.

Well, if it was babies vs. animals, I'd definitely be on the side of the animal.

Fuck babies!
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Oddly... None.

If a pet dies, I get upset. If a family member dies, I get upset.

If its people or animals I dont know or care about... I am indifferent. I dont care.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by freedoms_stain
Animals are teh cutesy Kensai. That's all that matters

Judging from the poll... yes. I'm not surprised of UG's shallowness...
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I'm a vegetarian, but, well, humans. Obviously. We are the sentient ones after all. I'm more into it for reasons of food economics and environmental concerns.

But then, humans are animals. Especially me.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
I usually get sadder when I beat my dog rather than my sister.

just kidding, I don't actually have a dog.
If there was a food shortage I wonder how many of you would be eating your dog and how many of you would be eating your neighbour.
I'd say, in order, children/OAPs then animals then adults.
It's mostly the innocence/helpless aspect, if it's an angry crazy pitbull that can actually defend itself I'd feel differently about it, but a kitten can't really protect itself.
When it comes to who I see dieing in the road I'd save the baby cause it's still got a long life ahead of it, then any other human being, then animals.
We all naturally have a loyalty to our own species and, to be honest, the animal dieing won't make as much of a difference in the world/other people's lives.
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
Quote by CorvetteRick
TV and video games have only desensitized me to human related violence.
Shoot a dude in the eye, chop off his arm whatever... not even a flinch
Kick a dog and I die inside

+1, except that I usually can empathize a bit if I see something sick done to people. I don't show it, but I do anyways.

I have to say that I have a really soft spot for animals...

For example, a good dog has all the virtues of man, without the vices.
Last edited by Tommy[fin] at Apr 20, 2008,
Quote by lotsofvolume
If an animal is hurt for no specific reason, I'd feel more upset for the animals.
Although,
If a human is KILLED, I'd feel more upset for the humans.

im with you all the way man
Quote by Eternal_One

Humans are glorified apes to begin with. So we ARE ****ing animals.

speak for yourself. I only **** humans.
Animals because they have less of a chance to defend themselves than humans do. That being said, when an old person is attacked, I get angry, not upset.
Quote by fretsonfire74
Animals because they have less of a chance to defend themselves than humans do. That being said, when an old person is attacked, I get angry, not upset.
Really? Because unlike your average animal I wasn't born with razor sharp claws or teeth or horns or any of the other natural defence mechanisms most animals are born with.
Animals, as more often than not they're not able to defend themselves. It depends though.

If it was a child, I'd probably be more shocked at them suffering pain. If it was say, a deer being shot by a hunter I probably wouldn't care.

So I'll say both

Human to animal cruelty makes me angrier though as they usually cant defend themselves.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Tough question.
I get more upset over the death of a hamster than a goldfish, and I get more upset over the death of a dog than a hamster. When my dog died recently, I was devistated for quite a few months.
I don't necessarily feel much over the deaths of humans at war with each other, but when innocent children get hurt or killed under any circumstances, it's heartbreaking.
I've found that I cannot watch programs about cruelty to apes, they just seem so almost human like, yet innocent at the same time, they kinda remind me of children.
Well I think most people are going to say they would feel worse if it were animals, because they don't believe the animals have done as much bad as humans.
Quote by freedoms_stain
If there was a food shortage I wonder how many of you would be eating your dog and how many of you would be eating your neighbour.

I don't have a dog and my neighbours are fat, so...

EDIT: and I've just been told the fat daughter does coke, so I'm eating her first, see if there's any left in the bloodstream
Last edited by Deliriumbassist at Apr 21, 2008,
what would you feel more sorry for: a lonely kitten/puppy or a lonely person?

i know which i'd say...
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Unless I care about the person, then animals..

However that being said I have shot animals when needed... e.g. Feral animals pigs, rabbits... So on.. But I wouldn't just go out and shoot a human for un-naturally being in Australia... However much I may want to:P
Page 1 of 3