Page 1 of 2
Okay, so one of my cousins (14) is in to screamo bands and apparently is a cutter. So, last week his gf broke up with him and he beecame suicidal. So suicidal, that he has 3 back-up plans in case his first failed. I guess his parents found out and took him to a mental institution fter he said the "voices in his head" told him to kill himsef. While he was locked up in a padded cell, they found out that not only had he cut his wrists, but also his groin..... like right next to his package.

So, have any of you ever heard of something like this. Like slitting places other than the wrists?
The only other place I've heard other than your wrists is the back of your neck behind your hair, but jesus, his sack? You'd need some balls to do that...

buh duh tsee
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Not cool at all. I've never heard of anyone cutting other than their wrists. Thats pretty f**ked up man.
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
he's an emo. no one will ever see anything he does to his penis.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
I know a chick that cuts her feet because her mom does full body searches.
And her feet is the only place that she doesn't check.
The next cut she finds, she's getting shipped off.

So I chase her with paper yelling-
"paper cut! paper cut!"

Quote by Deanhater
i do it on my thighs so people dont see.

are we supposed to say 'well done?'

seriously man, if thats the case you should get some help
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
meh, sexual organ mutilation is more common than you think.
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Quote by screwup30
are we supposed to say 'well done?'

seriously man, if thats the case you should get some help

You can if you want. I was just saying, I know alot of people who have cut themselves at one point and none of them ever did it on their wrists.
wow, once again proving that emo isnt just a "harmless phase"

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
well the groin area does have the most blood flowing through it, i mean theres a big artery down there and you can bleed out in a matter of seconds
anyone else find it ironic how your less inclined to feel sorry for a cutter who brags about their problem than one who hides it?
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
hate to make a reference to it, but ever watch Saw III....the bitch in that movie cuts her inner thighs (near the crotch area) in one scene.

...maybe he got the idea from that.
Im too full to swallow my pride!
Quote by EMGs_rule
wow, once again proving that emo isnt just a "harmless phase"

People that aren't "emo" cut themselves too, it's not like it's some trend. There are also people who are "emo" that don't cut themselves.
We Rock With Our Cocks Out: UG Naked Club FTW!!

Quote by HeavenlyVirus
how many George Bushs does it take to fix the economy? -1
wtf what does liking screamo bands have too do with emo? i swear there is wayyy too many freaking stereotypes and it pisses me off
Crue Forever!!

Quote by Eric 666
Your ass itches soooo much after you shave em...my God, I've TRIED, and its like...impossible to take them off completely.
maybe he really should kill himself... i mean he's emo and also a sadomasochist (i don't know if that's well written)
Quote by metal4eva_22
well the groin area does have the most blood flowing through it, i mean theres a big artery down there and you can bleed out in a matter of seconds

You'll need a big fuck-off knife to get into that, i'm afraid.

Yeah one person I know used to cut on their thighs...
Quote by cedaguol
maybe he really should kill himself... i mean he's emo and also a sadomasochist (i don't know if that's well written)

So because he doesn't live the way you think he should, he should kill himself? Self-harm and suicide are no joke; I suggest anyone that has these types of issues seek help before it's too late.
We Rock With Our Cocks Out: UG Naked Club FTW!!

Quote by HeavenlyVirus
how many George Bushs does it take to fix the economy? -1
The sheer level of ignorance in this thread makes me simultaneously sad and angry. The TS's cousin is really ill, yet no-one has yet expressed the merest bit of sympathy for the guy. I also love the shock with with people are reacting to the concept that people may want to self harm somewhere it DOESN'T show, cause it's too uncomfortable to their cushy view that 'it's for attention' is a valid reason to ignore someone.
Ceci n'est pas une signature
Quote by lyingfromyou118
So because he doesn't live the way you think he should, he should kill himself? Self-harm and suicide are no joke; I suggest anyone that has these types of issues seek help before it's too late.

man calm down i'm just kidding
no, screamo has nothing too do with emo, a lot of screamo bands are christian and scream about their religion and lifesyles, theres just wayy too many people who think that screamo bands are emo just because they scream, have you ever actually listened too emo bands, there is barely any screaming
Crue Forever!!

Quote by Eric 666
Your ass itches soooo much after you shave em...my God, I've TRIED, and its like...impossible to take them off completely.
Quote by Zeroxsk8er1
tell him to suck it up. its so dumb how people that cut think it will do you any good to cut.

Its a coping method some people use. Its no different than drinking or doing drugs.
Quote by Zeroxsk8er1
tell him to suck it up. its so dumb how people that cut think it will do you any good to cut.

It's dumber to make assumptions about people about whose experience you know precisely nothing. Although it's negative in the long run, at a specific time the action of self harm can alleviate intense negative thoughts amongst people who use this technique.
Quote by NSixx136
wtf what does liking screamo bands have too do with emo? i swear there is wayyy too many freaking stereotypes and it pisses me off

Well, it was emo music..... with screaming in it.....
SO screamo just seemed like the right word to use there

Would you prefer latin jazz with heavy distortion and constant screaming about self pity???
Quote by PissInMyShoeses
Well, it was emo music..... with screaming in it.....
SO screamo just seemed like the right word to use there

Would you prefer latin jazz with heavy distortion and constant screaming about self pity???

who said that screamo music had anything too do with being emo!?, emo music is singing about self pity, you can't just assume screamo has emo lyrics And if someone wanted that kind of music then fine, but some fag would still say it was something they didnt like
Crue Forever!!

Quote by Eric 666
Quote by NSixx136
who said that screamo music had anything too do with being emo!?, emo music is singing about self pity, you can't just assume screamo has emo lyrics And if someone wanted that kind of music then fine, but some fag would still say it was something they didnt like

Ummmm... Do you know how to read? I said that it was in fact emo music with screaming. Im not assuming that it is, IT IS!
WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with you people? How did this get onto the definition of music? Someone tell me how that's more important than the fact the guy wants to kill himself, please?
hey, wait. this isnt a "What is emo, what isnt" thread.
lets help the guy.

-get him out of a mental institution. being made think your crazy will make you believe you are crazy, when all he really needs is some professional and possibly medical help. hes normal, and being put in a place like that will make him want to kill himself/cut himself even more than he already has
-talk to him as soon as you can. dont yell at him or anything, just ask him about it. if he says he doesnt want to talk about it, don't let up. thats often a sign that they do, yet they are conveying it as a larger problem than the other person thinks, to find out if they are really trustworthy/care
-and i guess don't let up. if his parents say that he should be in a mental institution and you disagree, fight it. parents will often do wrong and rash things like that because they dont understand the problem at hand.
-research cutting, self destruction, Self Injury, talk with a counselor, ect ect.
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Quote by toasted_lemming
WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with you people? How did this get onto the definition of music? Someone tell me how that's more important than the fact the guy wants to kill himself, please?

This is why i really hate these subgenre things. No matter what you say, people will always disagree with you and say it belongs in a different genre because it makes them feel better that they think they know about something and belittle people who dont as a way of making their pathetic life seem like its worth something.

Sorry, kinda mad.

My friend used to cut. It was pretty bad. He wore long sleeves all the time and everything. His mom found out and took him to therapy. If the school found out about it, they probably would've kicked him out
Quote by toasted_lemming
The sheer level of ignorance in this thread makes me simultaneously sad and angry. The TS's cousin is really ill, yet no-one has yet expressed the merest bit of sympathy for the guy. I also love the shock with with people are reacting to the concept that people may want to self harm somewhere it DOESN'T show, cause it's too uncomfortable to their cushy view that 'it's for attention' is a valid reason to ignore someone.

>.>
Coming to The Pit for sympathy is like going to Wal-Mart to buy a guitar. Sure, you might get it, but it won't feel right and it'll probably be cheap.

If TS or anyone here is experiencing emotional issues like this, take it to your family for sympathy/support. That's what they're for.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by impeachpedro10
hey, wait. this isnt a "What is emo, what isnt" thread.
lets help the guy.

-get him out of a mental institution. being made think your crazy will make you believe you are crazy, when all he really needs is some professional and possibly medical help. hes normal, and being put in a place like that will make him want to kill himself/cut himself even more than he already has
-talk to him as soon as you can. dont yell at him or anything, just ask him about it. if he says he doesnt want to talk about it, don't let up. thats often a sign that they do, yet they are conveying it as a larger problem than the other person thinks, to find out if they are really trustworthy/care
-and i guess don't let up. if his parents say that he should be in a mental institution and you disagree, fight it. parents will often do wrong and rash things like that because they dont understand the problem at hand.
-research cutting, self destruction, Self Injury, talk with a counselor, ect ect.

I was simply explaining to the fine gentleman what type of music it was.
Also, theres not much i can do about it, cuz he lives in Indy and i live in Georgia and the last time i did see him, he seemed perfeclty fine with his World of warcraft and bullet for my valentine or funeral for a friend and whatnot playing in the backround.
Quote by The Spoon
My friend used to cut. It was pretty bad. He wore long sleeves all the time and everything. His mom found out and took him to therapy. If the school found out about it, they probably would've kicked him out

You really think they'd kick him out? That makes me really angry...it's not like you could kick someone out for having TB or something. Psychological issues are just the same as other illnesses, and people need to understand this, or the kind of bollocks being spewed in this thread about 'emos' and 'attention seeking' will carry on making people feel worse and worse about themselves at the time they really need support

EDIT:
Quote by Garou1911
If TS or anyone here is experiencing emotional issues like this, take it to your family for sympathy/support. That's what they're for.

Unfortunately not in most cases. The perceptions of attention seeking and it just being a case of 'sorting yourself out' are as rife in the older generation as they are in ours.
Last edited by toasted_lemming at Apr 20, 2008,
Page 1 of 2