alrite so i'm havin' one of those off days and i might be posting this in the wrong section. forgive me if i have.

anyways, my guitar gives a lotta white noise ever since i installed my Seymour Duncans over a year ago and i'm sick of it. It's tone is beautiful and shouldn't be taken away from b/c of something as miniscule of a dumb move of mine as forgetting to shield it. so what i want to do is take some aluminum foil and shield the cavity where all the volume and tone pots are. will this take care of some of that white noise problem? sometimes when moving around you can hear extra static on hi gain settings and i'm assuming it's b/c i didn't shield it when i swapped the pups. with them being high output buckers, i should have paid more attention.

i really don't think i should have to buy a noisegate, seeing as even mid gain or classic rock type hi-gain may cause this white noise also. i'm pretty much double checking w/ UG that this would help.

thanx guys, i owe it to my guitar to get rid of this problem.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
well i just finished so it's too late now for help haha. the wiring was all done correct, i followed the diagram on seymourduncan.com

i'm sure if it were done wrong i'd have volume spikes or they just flat out wouldn't work. they work wonderfully and my volume issues ended after i changed the volume pots.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out