I'm going to buy one of these amps, because they are the best for the price. I am wondering which is better for metalcore and metal. If there is something better for that price, please tell me. I would be buying the head and a probably a different cab.
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Check it out: Energizedbyvitamins.com
Quote by cedaguol
no bugera... they're not reliable at all

/thread

any other suggestions then?
Interested in vitamins and their many uses? Visit my site to learn more about vitamins that can give you energy, increased gym performance, increased recovery, and improved overall health (no broscience)
Check it out: Energizedbyvitamins.com
I didn't get a chance to try the 6262, but the 333xl was awesome!!!
What kind of stuff will you be playing?
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Quote by cedaguol

/thread

God damn it, I hate it when people go "/thread".
Does it make you feel smart or witty when you do that?

Bugera hasn't been out long enough for anyone to say anything about its reliability, so I don't know what's with people saying they're not reliable. It would be more appropriate to say something like, the reliability is questionable as it is a fairly new line of amps.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
I've got a Bugera 6260, and I play hardcore and metal on it, then I can turn around and use it in a jazz band as well. It's very versatile. I would probably go 6262. But I haven't played the 333xl.

And dammit. I'm tired of people saying they are unreliable. The one guy on HC believes the blown cap was his fault, and yeah, there have been 2 or 3 that shipped dead. But that has happened with other amps too. God, some Fender amps truly are unreliable,and I can't think of how many friends ordered Peaveys that arrived DOA, but people keep buying them. Honestly, if Bugera werent associated with the Behringer name, people wouldn't question it a bit. Yet Behringer honestly has some of the friendliest customer service I've ever dealt with. I can tell you about countless people who had stuff 3-4 years past warrenty have some issue and Behringer replaced it with the new model, top of the line series, no questions asked.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
I've got a Bugera 6260, and I play hardcore and metal on it, then I can turn around and use it in a jazz band as well. It's very versatile. I would probably go 6262. But I haven't played the 333xl.

And dammit. I'm tired of people saying they are unreliable. The one guy on HC believes the blown cap was his fault, and yeah, there have been 2 or 3 that shipped dead. But that has happened with other amps too. God, some Fender amps truly are unreliable,and I can't think of how many friends ordered Peaveys that arrived DOA, but people keep buying them. Honestly, if Bugera werent associated with the Behringer name, people wouldn't question it a bit. Yet Behringer honestly has some of the friendliest customer service I've ever dealt with. I can tell you about countless people who had stuff 3-4 years past warrenty have some issue and Behringer replaced it with the new model, top of the line series, no questions asked.

People hate Behringer because of the name, but from what I've heard of their stuff, I actually respect the company. I saw a professional guitarist play a while back and he was playing out of a Behringer combo and the only effects he had was a frickin pre-amp. The dude had some of the best sounding tone I've ever heard. I've also played Behringer and think they sound pretty good. Don't buy an amp because of the name, because that's how they hook you to begin with.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Bugeras sound amazing for the price...and maybe mine and a few others were flukes, but I would advise to steer clear.

I mean I didn't even gig my 333xl or use it all that much and it shat the bed after a month.
5150 Combo
LTD Viper 400 (EMG 81/85)
Its not some hidden secret anymore that Bugeras have known reliability issues. Some people have had theirs for months now and they're going fine while others, like stigma15, have had theirs break down.

Is the risk worth it to you? They have great tone but do you want to fork out a lot of cash to possibly only have an amp for less than a year?

If you still want either of these two amps ask yourself. Which tone do you like better? 5150 or JSX?

the 6262 is modeled after the 5150 and the 333XL is modeled after the JSX.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
it seems to me like the 333xls that are haveing the problems tho..anyone have any problem with the 6262/6260?
Quote by Shadowplay13
it seems to me like the 333xls that are haveing the problems tho..anyone have any problem with the 6262/6260?

Yes, my 6262 was DOA. Got a replacement one quickly and it works great, tho.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by cedaguol

/thread

I doubt enough people have owned them for long enough to make an accurate assessment of their overall reliability.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Shadowplay13

i have had my 6262 since jan, i use it as a back up amp for my 5150 II. haven't had a single problem with it. i did resolder 1 valve point cause it looked alittle short on the solder. and i replaced the stock preamp tubes with a set of JJ high gain tubes from Eurotubes.com. the amp has been wonderful.

i will say get a noise gate pedal like MXR smart gate pedal. as with any high gain amp comes a little bit of noise. i use the MXR Smart Gate M135 and it takes the noise right out of my 5150 II, 6262 and my '92 Mesa Dual rec.
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Last edited by AndyRevenge at Apr 22, 2008,
whoever said there not reliable is a ****ing moron. dont listen to these stupid people. people WHO ACTUALLY OWN ONE are very satisfied and happy with it. just because you think bugera its not reliable? BULLSHIT. dont listen to any bugera critics. they either treat there gear like ass they just listen to what other people have say. the reliability is fine BULLSHIT what the first guy said
plus it has just as good chance of say a peavey breaking down, anything can go wrong with any amp. shit breaks down all the time
I have had my bugera for over a year, and it works fine and sounds awesome, especially now that im learning to lower the gain and raise the volume.

The 333xl actually sounds better than the JSX for some things, but I dont really think it is modeled after it. The sound is actually quite different.

Here is a link to a snippet of live recording using the cheap br600 mics but the sound is audible enough.

www.sharing.andresgallo.com/tone/tone.mp3
The actual main problem was that one transformer clip kept melting, as it was made of plastic. But now, they've started hard-soldering it to the board, so there isn't much that can go wrong that isn't common to tube amps.
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
In your sig it says you have a XXX. Why would you buy a copy of the amp you already have?
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Wow, I didn't notice that. It was made in 08. died then was necrobumped like 8 months ago, and now again. Damn.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by cedaguol

/thread

Ignore this tool.

I'd say for your style maybe the 333xl, I have it myself, but i've played the other, and the 333xl has better cleans, and more versitility, both are great for metal though, you'll be pleased with either one.

EDIT: just noticed the date of the thread.....jesus, let it die.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Last edited by Tango616 at Mar 20, 2011,
Quote by Bloodshed

I have the 6262 head and even the 4x12 cab. I have had mine for about 2 to 2 1/2 yrs (something like that). I havent had one problem, using stock tubes, and havent biased it(using it the way I got it).

I have been more than pleased and like bloodshed says, can go from metal to jazz easily. The way I WILL describe the difference in the 333 and 62XX series is the 333 series is more refined and articulate while the 62XX series is more raw and aggressive. That is how I would describe it.

EDIT:wow, didnt notice the date either
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Last edited by madh4ttr at Mar 20, 2011,
don't listen to that guy, i've been using the 333xl for 3 years, and have had NO problems with it. correction, i had one minor soldering issue in the power output, "which took 2 minutes to fix literally" other than that, it's been a great amp, and I would recommend it to everyone