I have long hair. It is thick. I always use hair conditioner, and my hair is usually kind of poofy. I didn't use it, and now it is kind of flat. I heard using less shampoo will make your hair less flat, but nothing about conditioner. So, my question is. I thought conditioner was supposed to make my hair flat, but instead it made it poofy? Why is this? Thanks,

^^ Not my hair. I don't know why I put that.
Be cool.
i think i know why.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
conditioner is better...i go on after and make the hair silky and smoooth.
-stop looking at me swan.
people with large sig's are clearly compensating for something.
Use sunsilk straighten up.

You may have to invest in a hair straightener.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by CorvetteRick
Conditioner will make your hair flat if you don't rinse it out, but it depends what the bottle says it does. If it says it adds body.... POOF. If it says it makes your hair curly then... boing. ETC

Your supposed to leave it in, and not rinse with water?
Be cool.
You could be overdoing the conditioner, which makes your hair fine and more prone to static. Conditioner is extremely effective, especially on longer, thicker hair, when used properly. Make sure you use a small amount mainly at your ends (you dont need it at the roots where your hair is younger and naturally conditioned with your oils) and wahs it out thoroughly after a minute or two, preferably with cold water.

Also, dont wash your hair everyday. 2 times a week is all that is necessary, but if you're like me and love the smell/feel of clean hair, every other day is more than enough.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
You could be overdoing the conditioner, which makes your hair fine and more prone to static. Conditioner is extremely effective, especially on longer, thicker hair, when used properly. Make sure you use a small amount mainly at your ends (you dont need it at the roots where your hair is younger and naturally conditioned with your oils) and wahs it out thoroughly after a minute or two, preferably with cold water.

Also, dont wash your hair everyday. 2 times a week is all that is necessary, but if you're like me and love the smell/feel of clean hair, every other day is more than enough.

I think I've been using to much conditioner because it does get frizzy when I dry it right after the shower. So I have been using to much?
Be cool.
Quote by vintage x metal

you mean washing my hair every day is bad? oh ****..
Quote by thedude051
I think I've been using to much conditioner because it does get frizzy when I dry it right after the shower. So I have been using to much?

Okay, DRYING your hair is probably why its frizzy, not the conditioner. Is your hair naturally curly? Also, do you use anything in your hair before you dry it, like an anti-frizz serum or gel?
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
Okay, DRYING your hair is probably why its frizzy, not the conditioner. Is your hair naturally curly? Also, do you use anything in your hair before you dry it, like an anti-frizz serum or gel?

I mean I dry it with a towel. Not with a hair dryer. I use no product in my hair. My hair is like Dave Mustaines when he is older. About the same length to. Here is a picture of what mine looks like:

EDIT: Its a more straight at the bottom though. But same kind of thickness.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
I mean I dry it with a towel. Not with a hair dryer. I use no product in my hair. My hair is like Dave Mustaines when he is older. About the same length to. Here is a picture of what mine looks like:

Alright
1) Dont rub your hair with a towel.. EVER. You will kill it. Your cuticle is very easily damaged when its wet, so if you can, just squeeze out the excess water with your hands, then maybe dab your hair lightly with a towel and just let it airdry
2) Use a leave-in conditioner or anti-frizz serum while your hair is still kinda damp
3) If your hair is not naturally straight, comb it with a wide-toothed comb (a brush or thin comb will cause breakage on wet hair) and then dont comb it again. In fact, try not to touch it. With wavy and curly hair, you're only making it frizzier by touching it while its damp and not completely styled. Dont comb out your curls or waves until after your hair is completely dry, or dont comb them out at all as long as it doesnt look feminine.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
Alright
1) Dont rub your hair with a towel.. EVER. You will kill it. Your cuticle is very easily damaged when its wet, so if you can, just squeeze out the excess water with your hands, then maybe dab your hair lightly with a towel and just let it airdry
2) Use a leave-in conditioner or anti-frizz serum while your hair is still kinda damp
3) If your hair is not naturally straight, comb it with a wide-toothed comb (a brush or thin comb will cause breakage on wet hair) and then dont comb it again. In fact, try not to touch it. With wavy and curly hair, you're only making it frizzier by touching it while its damp and not completely styled. Dont comb out your curls or waves until after your hair is completely dry, or dont comb them out at all as long as it doesnt look feminine.

Cool. Thanks for all the help.
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Cool. Thanks for all the help.

My pleasure, dear!
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by CLVPX
you mean washing my hair every day is bad? oh ****..

It doesn't really matter for guys unless they have long hair.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....