i just bought a Jackson JS33RR from my friend and i put a whole new set of strings on it. but for some reason whenever i hit my open E string it makes an annoying buzzing sound. its not so loud that you can't hear the note, but its enough to bother the hell out of me like when you hit the fret in between two notes. i tried lowering and raising the bridge, but it did nothing. i did notice that the string is pretty close to the neck on the first fret but when i raised and lowered the bridge, it didnt do much. does anyone know what could b wrong? i asked my friend and he said he never had that big of a problem with it. im playing a show on wednesday and another next week so i need to find out whats wrong so i can fix it.

THANKS A MILLION
Quote by campbell92
Do you actually dance after each post you make?

...that would be so badass.

!!PanterA!!

Memeber #7 of the Altar Of Slayer!!
You might have some screws loose...
is it a loose part, like said

or rattling in the nut,

or first fret buzz?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
my guitar has that same problem and im not sure wats wrong with it either, i've just tried to ignore it...not easy.
Nut slot on the low E is too low. That's the likeliest option.
Quote by Pott
Nut slot on the low E is too low. That's the likeliest option.

alright so wut do i do to fix it?
Quote by campbell92

!!PanterA!!

Quote by blasphemus666
alright so wut do i do to fix it?

Get a new nut for it.

Or you could do what I did (not the best answer, but it works). Get a small piece of aluminum foil and stick it in the nut slot.
Quote by imgooley
Get a new nut for it.

Or you could do what I did (not the best answer, but it works). Get a small piece of aluminum foil and stick it in the nut slot.

oh you know what? now that i looked at it i just remembered that when i took all of the strings off, I accidentally screwed the bridge to high up and it came off and i think i put it on backwards! thats why the nut is to low! thanks for bringin it to my attention guys!
Quote by campbell92

!!PanterA!!