I am thinking of getting a Fender American Deluxe FMT strat. Don't worry about my amp, I already ordered a Vox AC30. So as you can tell already, I play classic rock, some metal (the eighties thrash stuff, ex.Maiden, Metallica none of the newer heavy stuff) along with some Chili Peppers stuff. I really like the specs on this guitar. Will it suit my playing style? How does it sound. I mostly want it because of the beautiful top, the LSR roller nut (I use the whammy a lot, but I don't need a Floyd Rose because I don't get to crazy with it), the ebony fretboard and HSS setup. So, what are your opinions on it?

Be cool.
Its a winner
Gear:
Jackson DKMG
Yamaha Acoustic
Knockoff Strat
Vox AD30VT
Boss MT-2
Crybaby wah
Boss DD-3

The Ultra Balls. Throw them.

Member of the ANTI-IBANEZ MILITIA!
Quote by CorvetteRick
Looks sweet, and for the record... I wasn't worried about your amp.

I know, but a lot of people would have complained saying how I should get a new amp first if they thought I was sticking with my Valvetronix.
Be cool.
That is a money guitar...it suits your style well and it's beautiful. Have fun with it.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
Great guitars, and this one is a lovely color. Win!
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Thats a nice guitar. Get a Marshall (a real one) and you'll have your Uli tone set doubt you like his style though. Say it aint so If so.
Quote by Freud R. Bridge
Thats a nice guitar. Get a Marshall (a real one) and you'll have your Uli tone set doubt you like his style though. Say it aint so If so.

Don't worry about the amp. :P

That is an awesome looking guitar
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
very nice guitar, would play that kind of stuff very nicely
I wish my lawn was Emo so it would cut itself.

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished.
lloks very nice

not boockmatched top though
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss
Looks nice. I'd buy one if I had the cash. I'm assuming you'll be using your OD pedal to boost the AC30 for metal?
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Nice looking guitar, seems like its what you want. Beautiful finish too.
Anyways I never understood this 'Amp First!' theory that goes around on UG, its like a bandwagon saying yet I haven't seen anyone really explain why. Lets say you love and want a 50's Reissue Strat for example but all you have is a crappy 10 watt solid state amp. Well so what, big deal get the guitar you've wanted for a while who cares if it doesn't sound to its full potential on your current amp. Later on you'll upgrade your amp and will buy an amp that matches that guitar well and get the tone you want out of it. To me that just sounds smarter.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I own one, and thought the sound sucked so much that I replace the pickups with some regular Strat pickups. See, the Deluxe has these noiseless pickups that just sound a little bland and lifeless. I don't disagree with you getting this guitar but I do think you should spend about 150-200 bucks to get better pickups. I must admit she's a real looker