i have the topic south florida changing religious landscape. i have to write 5-6 pages

im so confused how to write this like in what order i should present information and how do i present it so im able to cover at least 5 pages

and i got no clue like what information i could use.

i was going to write like a very general info like in how countries and other places is always changed by the land the people the culture and how sometimes religions adapt to the knowledge of science

any help on what information could i use like a topic or something i can research on

pls help me out this is 25% of my grade and i got only 4 hours to do it

any hel is appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Quote by stefan1988

i doubt any of us know anything about floridas changing religious landscape.

edit: santeria?
I have no opinion on this matter.

dont laugh at my disgrace

maybe someone can give me some very general ideas or something i can use to bullshet a little my paper i need to fill like 3 freaking pages on something broad
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by Zugunruhe

How about people who live in, um...Florida?

So are you saying it has to be about how religion in South Florida adapted to science?
So are you saying it has to be about how religion in South Florida adapted to science?

the topic is how like people that come from other countries sometimes have an impact on certain religions or on the community of the religion for example like people from haiti and from the islands are more religious and that's why most of the communities in certain churches are made mostly out of people from the islands

or how some people bring their religions and certain practices from their land like sometimes you see commercial of some person trying to imitate a jamaican accent and say they can read your future or know vodoo
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
maybe you shouldnt have been on this site.

the topic was assigned along time ago but i never pay attention to my syllabus and then one day he say oh btw assigment is due next monday and i had to help my dad clean up the house because my mom is coming and have been busy half the day so now im trying to write at least something but cant come up with ideas
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
First helpful post:

Definately talk about the Spanish conquest of Florida. They were Catholic and they tried converting the Native Americans. then the whole Protestant movement and whatnot...
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
just start writing and keep on rambling. make your sentences as long as you can
"For Us, For Them, For You"
I live in Florida,im catholic,
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?
South Florida has gotten more Jewish because all the Jews moved down from New York to retire here. (Mostly because there's no state income tax.)

lmfao that sounds funny as hell but is true

thanks

First helpful post:

Definately talk about the Spanish conquest of Florida. They were Catholic and they tried converting the Native Americans. then the whole Protestant movement and whatnot...

thank you so much man i think ican write a page just from this topic to use as background

any more ideas is still apreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by stefan1988
the topic is how like people that come from other countries sometimes have an impact on certain religions or on the community of the religion for example like people from haiti and from the islands are more religious and that's why most of the communities in certain churches are made mostly out of people from the islands

or how some people bring their religions and certain practices from their land like sometimes you see commercial of some person trying to imitate a jamaican accent and say they can read your future or know vodoo

Dude, Florida is the southern-most state in the US. I don't have the numbers but you guys have to get a huge number of illegals every day, from Mexico and the Islands, etc. What do we know about Mexicans? They're Roman Catholic. Islanders? Rasta. See where this is going? The more Mexicans you have coming in the more the religious landscape will shift towards Catholicism.
My Stuff:
PRS SE Soapbar II
ESP LTD EC-50 (Seymour JB & '59)
Peavey Backstage Plus (1x10 35W)
Peavey Classic (2X12 100W)

Yamaha FG-750s circa 1978

Wishlist:
Fishman Rare Earth acoustic pickups
Boss RC-2 or RC-20
I would first find out what % of florida is what race then, what % is what religion was say 10 years or whatever you can get your hands on compared to today.Then use that to say that as the influx of certain cultures what ever they may be, has led to a change within the area. Also depending upon what the ratio of white people 10 years ago what were religion A if that seems to go down in the 10 years or vice versa (i.e. 10 years ago there were few muslims but there is an infulx of muslims now) present reasons what(i.e. conflicts in the middle east)
Hope I was of help.

p.s. some might think this came off a little racist sounding, its not meant to be racist, just to represent both sides of the arguement

EDIT: Grammar
Last edited by Delta_Mike at Apr 20, 2008,
Dude, Florida is the southern-most state in the US. I don't have the numbers but you guys have to get a huge number of illegals every day, from Mexico and the Islands, etc. What do we know about Mexicans? They're Roman Catholic. Islanders? Rasta. See where this is going? The more Mexicans you have coming in the more the religious landscape will shift towards Catholicism.

i know we get a huge amount of illegals from the islands but i dont know so much about mexico since most people from mexico live on texas or california but i know we do have alot of cubans here

but thanks i be sure to use that as well
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by Ixthyx

But those illegals wouldnt be counted upon in a official government polling since they are illegal. Yuo can mention them but don't focus to much upon them as they are not a solid fact.
Last edited by Lrn2shrd69 at Apr 20, 2008,
ey man I'm from Australia but using google I'm sure I can help. Here's one to get you started but I'll add more.

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cach...clnk&cd=2&gl=au
http://www.religioustolerance.org/islvsblacks.htm
http://www.militantislammonitor.org/article/id/454
http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cach...clnk&cd=1&gl=au
http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cach...clnk&cd=4&gl=au
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Florida

The second last one has a pie chart on the religious demographic of Florida.

Hope I have helped!

awesome links man i tried looking around but coulnt find links that could help me

but i be sure to use them

right now i got a bunch of information but if i get stuck i would come back and ask for more information

i appreciated your help guys this is helping me alot
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
i live in miami, and all i can tell you about religion:

lots of protestant and catholic Russians, lot of Jews from New York, and thats it.

procrastinations a no no my friend.
who am i kidding... i have a huge project due tommorow and i haven't started it.
Quote by stefan1988

procrastination ftw!

i feel for ya, as im currently trying to bullshit my way through an Africa-Related position paper.

i dont really have any help but i wish you the best of luck on your paper!

thanks man i appreciate it if you need some help just ask maybe we can help you as well

im getting stuck again on this paper >_<
>_>
<_<
<_>

so far my layout is giving some background in florida some of the early influences we had here such as the spaniards and the french.

and then the im going to write about the jews but i dont know much about this topic im reading about it right now

anything else that i can put for historic background
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
^maybe you should talk about what the Native Americans believed in? it's actually kind of interesting...sort of....

also you could talk about the impact that 9/11 had on population of Muslims in Florida perhaps?
And if the Devil is 6,

^maybe you should talk about what the Native Americans believed in? it's actually kind of interesting...sort of....

also you could talk about the impact that 9/11 had on population of Muslims in Florida perhaps?

yeah i did talked about the oral religions the native americans had. the thing about the 9/11 i dont want to jump from spanish conquistadores to 9/11 is jsut a big change dint something happen in the middle ?
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
Quote by stefan1988
yeah i did talked about the oral religions the native americans had. the thing about the 9/11 i dont want to jump from spanish conquistadores to 9/11 is jsut a big change dint something happen in the middle ?

surely something happened in the middle, i was just giving you ideas later on, you see.
but after the spanish conquest you should move to the British colonization, go through the Revolutionary War and mention how the institution of free speech affected the religous groups, if at all.
And if the Devil is 6,

surely something happened in the middle, i was just giving you ideas later on, you see.
but after the spanish conquest you should move to the British colonization, go through the Revolutionary War and mention how the institution of free speech affected the religous groups, if at all.

but if i do that it sounds like im getting away from the topic too much

right now i got this down
the spanish conquistadores
when the jewish came here how they started expanding
and right now i have to put something else for else.

i dont know what else to start working on after i got the historic part down

any more ideas ?
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
i finished the essay yay

thank you very much for the help guys i finished it yesterday at 2:00 am

now im tired as hell XD
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
i heard that voodooism and satanism is getting pretty big in south florida. maybe you could mention that. wikipedia/google are probably good tools for this one
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane