I hooked up with a Boutique Tube amp builder and played some of his demo amps and there brilliant and sound insanely nice. All point to point hand wired stuff. So i asked him if he can build me any amp i wanted and make it sound exactly like i want it. He said he can build anything tube related..

So heres the question if you could build the perfect metal amp what would it sound like..

Example: Jcm 800 mixed with a little bit of Mesa tone.. 6505 plain and simple... Or something never heard of before..

Let me know what you think ill probably be having him build me one soon. And would like to here your suggestions.
I'd build an amp with a moderate Fenderesque clean channel, a Laney/Marshall Crunch channel, and leads modelled between a 5150, Engl, Bogner and Mesa
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Example: Jcm 800 mixed with a little bit of Mesa tone.. 6505 plain and simple... Or something never heard of before..

sounds good to me, just add some decent cleans in there (Peavey Classic series maybe).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Apr 20, 2008,
This is just me, but I would go for a Diezel VH4 type deal, where you have completely separate channels, so you basically have a number of different amps in one, so effectively you could have the marshall and mesa in there.

EDIT: My picks would be:
Channel 1: Mesa Recto (probably tripple)
Channel 2: Marshall JCM 800
Channel 3: Fender Twin
Channel 4: (another type of your choosing like Bogner/Diezel or other different sounding amp)
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Last edited by FrenchBread at Apr 20, 2008,
Yeah, that was my idea, like the whole 4 separate channels, even with different preamp tubes and biasing.

would be a helluva project though...
Quote by PabloGilberto
Yeah, that was my idea, like the whole 4 separate channels, even with different preamp tubes and biasing.

would be a helluva project though...

Yea but to cut costs, you could do like the deizel and use the same tubes, just different circuitry for each.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
2 Channel amp. Both channels very British voiced (More marshall than Vox but still AC30ish) Tube driven reverb and tremolo. Three band EQ, with each parameter independent of the others

20-30 Watt EL84 powered with 2 Celestion Greenbacks. Basically the offspring of a JTM 45 and a Vox AC30
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild