Well, I need some advice.. again. I've been playing electric guitar for about 4 months now. I'm 14 years old. I currently have a Squier strat with ernie ball strings, everything else is stock. Playing through a G-dec jr.
I'm looking to upgrade my sound a little bit and I was wondering if I should upgrade the one I have a little bit, or is this cheap guitar not worth it and I could just buy a new guitar, I was considering a MIM strat.
Quote by smb
I prefer the search bar...you can really shred on that thing.

Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'
a MIM strat is definitely a great buy, but learn your instrument more before you commit to buying something so expensive. trust me, it'll be worth it. you'll know what kind of sound you're looking for, what kinda music you'll want to play, etc.

edit: also, you will want a good tube amp. the amp is usually the biggest factor in what makes your sound. just wait until you get more proficient and understand music more. but that doesn't mean you can't look around at different instruments, GAS is always affecting guitar players.
2 things...

How do I get better? Lately I've been playing some scales, should I stick with those.

Second, what does GAS stand for?
Quote by smb

Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'
I got this neat book called the Guitar Grimoire, has a bunch of exercises in it. Might be something to look at.

GAS=Gear Acquisition Syndrome
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Ah I see, I'll have to check out that book when I go to the guitar store tomorow
Quote by smb

Quote by HomerHitter
learn as much as you can dude...anything...scales, chords, theory, speed, accuracy, songwriting, technique....all of it will make you a better player in the long run