I know A7X uses Bogner amps, and since I'm not loade with cash, I can't get that. So, for an alternative, what would be a good tube amp that could give me good A7X tone, with their distortion. I tihnk their distortion tone is great, so whats a tube amp that could help me achieve somewhere close to that, preferably under $700
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
synyster gates has 3 amps a marshall, a bogner and a mesa, at least in the studio he does. he recordes his parts on each of them at the same speed and then puts it in the mix for a full sound. i read that in an aritcle when he explained how he got the sound so im not making **** up
A used Peavey 5150 would be worth a look, as would some used Mesas. A7x has a sort of recto-ey tone, so a Mesa might get you a little closer even though most of the cheaper ones don't have as much gain as the 5150.
their sound to me is very similar to EVH's. he uses a Peavey 5150 so try that and maybe add a ts-7 or ts-9 in front of it.
Quote by Wakisazhi
Just throwing out a suggestion

Peavey Valveking: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-212-Combo-Amp?sku=481443

and maybe throw the rest towards a good pedal to get more gain or a pup change for the guitar for higher output.

No, thats not going to work for A7X. Best bet is to get a used 5150. As a last resort you could try out a Randall RG50TC and see whether you like it. Not many options for high gain tube amps with that budget.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by fatboythin
No, thats not going to work for A7X. Best bet is to get a used 5150. As a last resort you could try out a Randall RG50TC and see whether you like it. Not many options for high gain tube amps with that budget.

Uh yes it will, the VK is great for metal, like I said he can spend the rest on either a pedal or a pup change if he needs more gain or output.
Quote by Wakisazhi
Uh yes it will, the VK is great for metal, like I said he can spend the rest on either a pedal or a pup change if he needs more gain or output.

why not just spend the extra for a used 5150 instead of pedals or pups? then you have a lot more options.
Quote by ortrigger
why not just spend the extra for a used 5150 instead of pedals or pups? then you have a lot more options.

If he can find one used for that price range all the power to him, but hey like I'm saying I'm just throwing out a suggestion that can also work.
Quote by Wakisazhi
Just throwing out a suggestion

Peavey Valveking: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-212-Combo-Amp?sku=481443

and maybe throw the rest towards a good pedal to get more gain or a pup change for the guitar for higher output.

Not trying to steal this guys thread or anything but, you think that valveking plus a Metal muff would do the job? Cause I was thinking about getting a VK and I play some A7X.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser white
Schecter Damein FR
Crate GTD15R
Metal Muff
Quote by darkmexican92
Not trying to steal this guys thread or anything but, you think that valveking plus a Metal muff would do the job? Cause I was thinking about getting a VK and I play some A7X.

It'd work, but there are MUCH better ideas. I'm not a fan of using distortion pedals on tube amps in the first place, and the Metal Muff would be a lot thinner and more digital- sounding than a 5150, RG50TC, or something similar.
How about a B-52? Amazing tone. I is saving for one
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
Quote by Down Shifter
How about a B-52? Amazing tone. I is saving for one

Yeah, B-52s have a very Mesa-like tone. I'd say an AT-212 would work great. They are awesome for metal.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.