I have an Epi Les Paul Ultra. I noticed the low E string was buzzing and flopping really loose even though it was in tune. I figured the string was stretched and weak from playing so I put new DR strings on. The problem is still there. I raised the bridge which lessened the buzz but the sting just has alot of occilation and begins to buzz. The strings are 9's would 10's solve this?
Last edited by goblin13 at Apr 20, 2008,
maybe, but your best bet is to just take it in for a set up
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.
How low do you tune? A setup (action/truss rod/intonation) might be able to help, but putting on 10's might help if the E string is really loose.
I looked down the neck and it seems to be straight and the intonation on the E sting is dead on unfretted and fret 12 but when freted 3 - 10 seems to be sharp. I use standard tuning.
Like the people above said, get a setup.
Are you tuned to E one octave down?

That's the only thing I coudl think of. The string is always going to be nearly the same tension for E which shouldn't be floppy. Fret buzz is different, raise the action a tad, adjust the truss rod, a 1/4-1/2 turn counter clockwise should raise the action some.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Are you tuned to E one octave down?

That's what i first thought of, but that would be WAY too loose.
O O

___
Yea I tried to tune the E string tighter but when I got to B it was way too tight.
Quote by goblin13
Yea I tried to tune the E string tighter but when I got to B it was way too tight.

yeah, well that's definately not the problem. I say just go to your local guitar shop and ask them.
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Apr 21, 2008,