Page 1 of 2
We all have those songs or albums that are terribly unp0nx. I have Ben Folds/Ben Folds Five's discography. I also enjoy teh yewzed from time to time. So what are your antip0nx songs?
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Kelly Clarkson
Justin Timberlake's last album.

Lots of hip hop, indie, and old rnb and soul.

Do I win?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Apr 20, 2008,
Ricky martin
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
I have a ton of stuff that's not punk at all. I'd say my least p0nx would be maybe Say Anything or something. I also have a ton of emo and indie. Also, Coheed and Cambria are pretty un-p0nx. Rap and hip hop has a punk vibe and attitude to it a lot, so that's not my most un-p0nx stuff.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
As many of you know, I'm a big metal fan, as I enjoy Cannibal Corpse and other death metal, as well as assorted black metal and thrash bands. But since Black Metal/Thrash is quite punk influenced, (Venom used to tour with Black Flag), that doesn't count.

I also enjoy jazz, but jazz is pretty p0nx.

Ummm, I guess the least p0nx thing I own is Mika. I <3 Mika.
Quote by Kayfan
wtf is ponx?

ponx (adj.)= bastardization of "punk" or "punx." Often used (on this forum) jokingly to describe things or people.

Some totally unponx things I have in my WMP libary (yeah, I said libary, wanna fight about it?):

The Academy is...
Mason Williams and the Manheim Steamroller
Modest Mouse
Peter Bjorn and John
Smashing Pumpkins
Wild Cherry
The Zombies

There are A LOT of bands that almost made this list. I chose to onlcy include artists for whom I couldn't think of any reasonable connection (such as being influenced by punk, influencing punk, or having "punk ethic/values").
Last edited by werty22 at Apr 25, 2008,
Collin, soul is ponx because The Clash did a motown/soul song (Hitsville UK). R&B is ponx because The Who and The Rolling Stones played R&B and those bands greatly influenced lots of punk musicians.

O=P, Mika is ponx because he's gay. Everyone knows "alternative lifestyles"=ponx.
I have a lot of unp0nx music. Probably the most unp0nx thing I've been listening to lately is Man Man, and they're fantastic
no...nothing...I guess I am the most punk on this forum
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by werty22
Collin, soul is ponx because The Clash did a motown/soul song (Hitsville UK). R&B is ponx because The Who and The Rolling Stones played R&B and those bands greatly influenced lots of punk musicians.

O=P, Mika is ponx because he's gay. Everyone knows "alternative lifestyles"=ponx.

Mika is gay? Okay, now the Freddie parallels are really freaking me out. Could he really be Freddie Mercury back from the dead?
Quote by crustyreed
bob marley. and iskra (anarchist black metal)

I think iskra is pretty p0nx. They're from Victoria and are awesome.

Edit: I just realized there's more than one band called Iskra. I was thinking of the crust band from Victoria. Silly me.
Last edited by sargasm at Apr 20, 2008,
about 1/2 of it
some is "uber ponx", but i'm a big fan of silverchair, smashing pumpkins, manic street preachers, hole, joy division, stuff like that.
purple nurple!

Quote by RizzoWashburn
dis meanz yoo can make three p0nx albums!

One that sucks, one that doesn't suck, and one that nobody cares about!
The Exploited.

Bum bum bum............
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
I have a Newsboys cd that my grandparents gave me years ago. Seriously Christian pop-rock is not teh p0nx! I would rather listen to my old cheesy trance cd's or my Staind cd than that ****.
Good Charlotte **** YEAH I LOVE GC!
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
I hardly listen to punk anymore, so most of my music is un-p0nx. But lately I've been listening to a lot of post-rock (Do Make Say Think and GY!BE.) I have classical like Beethoven for when I'm studying. I have the Final Fantasy VII and X soundtracks which makes me a nerd and not punk. New Found Glory is one of my favorite bands. I have various movie soundtracks like The Lord of The rings, The Darjeeling Limited, and There Will Be Blood. The Shins are my top played artist in iTunes. So in summation my listening tastes have declined greatly in punxness lately.
Quote by AlkalineCherry
about 1/2 of it
some is "uber ponx", but i'm a big fan of silverchair, smashing pumpkins, manic street preachers, hole, joy division, stuff like that.

I don't know, Ian Curtis was pretty damn p0nx.
Quote by opivy21
GY!BE is awesome. Everyone should listen to 'dem.

Yeah. They are a great band, defininitely good to listen to when you are in an apocalyptic/the world sucks kinda mood. I also like putting them on when I can't get to sleep as I always nod off after the first 5 mins.
I own quite a few ironic songs (ala Black Eyed Peas or Puffy Ami Yumi) but uh...
I like some ambient music, I guess?
DOWN&OUT
oh and i downloaded 'the complete rebirth of cool' by miles davis which i like alot.
Quote by crustyreed
oh and i downloaded 'the complete rebirth of cool' by miles davis which i like alot.

I own it and it is great, but Miles has a pretty punk aura about him.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Quote by Manos15
I have the Final Fantasy VII and X soundtracks which makes me a nerd and not punk.

You think that's bad?

I'm currently listening to the Banjo-Kazooie soundtrack, also have the entire SSBB and Super Mario 64 soundtracks, and have remixes of various VG songs

I dunno about the least p0nx thing...
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by SuperBlob
You think that's bad?

I'm currently listening to the Banjo-Kazooie soundtrack, also have the entire SSBB and Super Mario 64 soundtracks, and have remixes of various VG songs

I'm doing a 100% replay on Banjo Kazooie. So far I'm on Freezey Peak and forgot how damn annoying those snowmen were. That reminds me, the Let's Play video is cool so far.
Quote by SuperBlob
You think that's bad?

I have the Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure soundtracks in my garage for some reason.
I listen to a ton of pop-punk, 90s pop-rock, and a sh*t ton of grunge.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
I have Cyndi Lauper on right now, and I think that's the furthest you can get from punk.

aside from this
Ok seriously......
I have
- Wes Montgomery and Django Reinhard (I listen to them very often)
- Jethro Tull (after they used these 80s Keyboards, they became crap)
- The Doors, The Who, Pearl Jam, Neil Young (Mirrorball), Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin (Great!)
- Bryan Adams (I liked him when I was 7, now I hate him......Anyone wants to have 5CDs?)
- Uriah Heep, Whitesnake (I used to like 70s Rock when I was 10, now I dislike them)
- Robert Plant, Men at Work, Atomic Rooster (ok, but didn´t liten to them for a year or so)
Curtis Mayfield.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Page 1 of 2