Page 1 of 2
Okay i want an amp that does THE best metal tones..i.e. better that 5150etc. I dont care about cleans etc because i have i have a blackface and a plexi. I like the ENGL SE tones but i dont want to spend 4k on an amp because of its versitility..more like $2k (USD). I find the powerball a bit gritty or something.

Looking for something not too grainy..ie not VHT/recto/eldiablo/knucklehead. Fairly dark voiced but not as dark as a 5150. Mahogany guitars im using.Dont like uberschall much BTW i tried one yesterday.
Last edited by Ar8eit3r at Apr 20, 2008,
wait, more than or at 4k?

Mesa Roadking or Mark IV maybe?

EDIT: Maybe a Soldano Hot Rod?
get a 6505 or a krank imo

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Mesa Mark IV or a Krank
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
6505+ is great but Deizel Herbert is the beat "brootlaz only" amp but its over 4k i'm just saying this cuz you said you didn't want to pay just for versatility... it is kinda versitile but it is the best metal amp ever
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
For teh Br00talz, Bogner Uberschall. It winz at teh br00talz. Or the ENGL SE.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by Ar8eit3r
sorry about 2k/2500

Ok, well the Soldano is out of that range...

Maybe a Hughes and Kettner Trilogy or like I said a Mesa Roadking or Mark IV?
if you are going to go mesa i recentlysay a mesa 2x12 that was switchable between 15 50 or 100 watts tube it also has an incredible rectified tone

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
do you know any where that i can actually play a solando cuz i heard they're are great sounding amps
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by alecoholic
6505 all the way

6505's are the same thing as 5150's, which he said he didnt want.
i think 5150's/6505's are amazing for t3h broo74lz though.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Quote by BAoxymoron
do you know any where that i can actually play a solando cuz i heard they're are great sounding amps

I have seen one at the GC in LA, and at the GC in Fountain Valley, California, though I haven't played it myself. Some one else was crankin out some riffage on it though.
last time i was in atl gc i didn't see them and atl is like the 4 or 5 biggest gc and they have Diezel so i don't know why they didn't have solando... maybe i just missed them
-George Will

Quote by BAoxymoron
last time i was in atl gc i didn't see them and atl is like the 4 or 5 biggest gc and they have Diezel so i don't know why they didn't have solando... maybe i just missed them

What does the Diezel sound like?

All I can say is that the soldano was BR00TAL.
Einstien sounds BLuesy
But Herbert =6505^6505^6505
its so brootal i feel so ashamed to use such a simple word to describe it
-George Will

ENGL Invader/Savage, Splawn Nitro, Soldano SLO.....mmm.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Try a 5150 III, you might be surprised.

When I first tried it I didn't really think anything of it but tried one a few weeks ago again and was really blow away with the clarity and overall sound of that amp, but it was being aided by the guitar's pickups (Ibanez JEM - DiMarzio Evos).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Mako Dorado, 5 x 12AX7 and 4 x 6550, single channel, milispec, br00talz.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503

Gah! I always forget about Mako!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by FLCLcowdude
For teh Br00talz, Bogner Uberschall. It winz at teh br00talz. Or the ENGL SE.

+1000
Bogner for most brutal tone, the SE for versatility.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Splawn Nitro = win.

Scott Splawn knows his stuff
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
Splawn Nitro = win.

Scott Splawn knows his stuff

So does Reinhold Bogner, what's your point?
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Dare I say ISP Theta, or is that just me? I played one about 2 months ago now, and will never forget it. The most brutal amp I have ever played without a doubt. It is SS, just to let you know.............
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
The Soldano Avenger is half the price of the SLO, is just as ballsy, and has no clean channel or effects loop. I believe it's exactly what you're looking for.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
get a 6505 or a krank imo

I recommend the krank.. I've had good experiences with them.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
lol, I should've mentioned that i've met Scott on multiple occasions...the Splawn "factory" is about 30 min drive from my University. He's very nice and willing to share his knowledge with others.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
lol, I should've mentioned that i've met Scott on multiple occasions...the Splawn "factory" is about 30 min drive from my University. He's very nice and willing to share his knowledge with others.

yeah, Scott is great, very helpful and friendly. His amps are really addictive too, once you play one, your ears get spoiled. I love them. Are you going to splawncon this year? He has such a loyal following, people fly in from around the country to hang out and jizz on his amps, haha. I actually want to go to one, I really want to try the Promod and Superstock.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
ENGL Powerball or a Deizel or Diamond. Get assloads of gain and have great tone. I wouldnt choose any other amp except my powerball for death metal. Its absolutely perfect. So many bands use them: Zyklon, Necrophagist used one for a while, Through the Eyes of the Dead, Emperor, Violence Unleashed, etc. My gain never goes past 12 oclock on the thing.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Quote by Teh Forest King
ENGL Powerball or a Deizel or Diamond. Get assloads of gain and have great tone. I wouldnt choose any other amp except my powerball for death metal. Its absolutely perfect. So many bands use them: Zyklon, Necrophagist used one for a while, Through the Eyes of the Dead, Emperor, Violence Unleashed, etc. My gain never goes past 12 oclock on the thing.

yeah, powerball is a killer amp. So are Diezel, but you're paying a lot more for the versatility and name, I wouldn't say it's a br00talz only amp. Diamond I'm not sure about. I know they had some issues with their debut at NAMM, something was wrong with their flagship amp, and many people came away very unimpressed with the sound. Did not like any of the clips or vids of it at this years NAMM either, sounded really buzzy and undefined. Maybe because I was comparing it to other new amps like the Cameron CCM/CCV and VHT SigX, but it didn't sound that great at all to me. I did hear a guy on another forum make some great clips with one, but there was some pretty heavy post EQ done on it too. I'd like to hear one in person though, still curious about those amps.
amp clips
amp vids
^uh oh, that doesnt sound good for that seemingly very nice and cool guy!
Quote by davedoom
^uh oh, that doesnt sound good for that seemingly very nice and cool guy!

amp clips
amp vids
Arent VHT's more cut out for shred? My friend was going to sell me his UL for $1500 but it just wasnt the tone I wanted for Death Metal. People have just said theyre more of a shred amp than anything else.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Quote by Teh Forest King
Arent VHT's more cut out for shred? My friend was going to sell me his UL for $1500 but it just wasnt the tone I wanted for Death Metal. People have just said theyre more of a shred amp than anything else.

I dunno, I've heard some great metal clips from people using the UL. The Deliverance and SigX are probably more geared for it though, they are a little more gainy, saturated, and forgiving compared to their other amps. I wouldn't say they were aimed at deathmetal, but they can get some great metal tones in general IMO, and are fantastic sounding amps if you like that VHT tone.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503

How convenient for the TS that my friend Eric may happen to have one for sale !
Timing is everything!
Actually, as many of you know, I'm a Soldano fan-boy, so I must recommend a used SLO 100. I got mine on ebay for $2480 US (incl shipping), & it's in absolutely pristine mint condition (& it's purple-yay), & gets about as br00talz as you'd ever need with no pedals or anything. Just plug in.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by riffhog
How convenient for the TS that my friend Eric may happen to have one for sale !
Timing is everything!
Actually, as many of you know, I'm a Soldano fan-boy, so I must recommend a used SLO 100. I got mine on ebay for $2480 US (incl shipping), & it's in absolutely pristine mint condition (& it's purple-yay), & gets about as br00talz as you'd ever need with no pedals or anything. Just plug in.

mmmm, that's still an amp I'm dying to get my hands on. I heard EVH using one live at a Cabo Wabo opening, direct into a board no less, and it sounded phenominal. Jake E Lee used one too with Badlands afaik, some sick tones on those albums. My friend is a big metal head through and through, that's all he plays, and he's ready to sell his Powerball to get one after trying it out. I was really close to pulling the trigger on a completely stock one, but I wanted the factory depth, Hayes, and Demartini mods, so I figured I would keep looking. I will own one at some point though.

Haven't decided I'm going to sell the Mako actually, lol. I had traders remorse after moving it the first time, and now that it's coming back, I'm thinking of other things I can sell to keep it. I may still have to let it go, but not without a fight. You're first on my list if I do decide I have to part with it though Randy.
amp clips
amp vids
Page 1 of 2